7.4.6

Dhara's parents reached the hospital at around 4am the same day. They looked frantic and scared. Both of them calmed down seeing Dhara awake and fine.

Dhara had been then engulfed in a hug by them where she'd sobbed holding them tightly. Seeing her cry like that, something tightened in Kabir's throat.

She had not looked at him since she'd woken up. Karan had been attending to her or she'd been requesting things from the attending nurse.

Kabir tried to talk to her, directly or through some pretense but she didn't spare him even one glance.

Right now, both of their families were in the ward helping Dhara pack up. She was getting discharged today. Although she was advised complete bed rest but could go back home.

“Dhara hamare saath jaa rhi hai. Aaplogo ko tension lene ki koi zarurat nhi hai.”

Her father announced making Kabir stand upright. No!

“Papa! Aap please-”

He started only to be cut off by Dhara herself.

“Thik hai papa.”

He looked at her wide, teary eyed. She didn't want to live with him? Jumping out of the window sounded easier than letting her go.

He pleaded her through his eyes but only if she looked at him.

“M-mujhe Dhara se kuch baat krni hai. Please!”

He whispered and his family slowly left. Her father was adamant and didn't leave until Dhara actioned him through her eyes that it was fine.

Kabir released a shaky breath and sat in front of her. He cupped her face and made her look at him. Her eyes held pain. She gulped looking at his tears and averted her eyes from him.

“Ek baar meri aankhon mai dekh kr kehdo nhi rehna chahti mere saath. I agree I've hurt you, lekin itni badi saza mat do. Mar jaaunga mai Dhara. Please don't kill me.”

Dhara felt emotions clog her throat and she whispered. The thought of voicing the words out aloud killed her but she had to.

“I-I want a d-divorce Kabir.”

She felt every muscle of his freeze. It felt like someone had snatched the air out of his body.

“You-you what?”

“I want a-”

“Actually don't repeat it. But ek baat sun lo Dhara. You want to take a break for yourself, most welcome. Lekin I'm not letting you leave me. Not now, not ever. Tumse shaadi sirf kehne ke liye nhi kri maine. Pyaar kia hai, zindagi bhar ke liye kia hai. And forever means forever for me. You want to go with papa. Jaao. Spend some time with them. Lekin agar ek hafte mai tum khud nhi aayi ya mujhe call nhi kia toh mai khud aa jaaunga. And you know I am not exactly a gentleman when I want my things.”

She felt each of his words deep in her skin. Was she supposed to be turned on by his words when she was supposed to be angry at him? Something was wrong with her. Definitely wrong.

Clenching her thighs together she turned her face away and whispered.

“I-I want to go with papa.”

He nodded grimly and left her face after kissing her head.

“I'll help you stuff in the car. See you in a week Dhara. I'll wait for your call. And if not, then wait for me baby.”

He promised and pecked her lips. A part of her was overjoyed that he was so adamant on not leaving her. That meant he cared about her and not whether she could give him a baby or not, right? But another part of her was scared. What if it was just care because she had pulled such a stunt just now?

Dhara was staying at her parents' place. Today was the last day of the week and she was curious and nervous both. Will he come as promised? She hadn't contacted him all week. And he'd given her the space she required.

Would he come here and fight for her with her father? Her father didn't want to send her back. He was scared after her stunt. She wasn't left alone for even a moment. Her mother was always with her.

Dhara was fidgeting in her seat, her eyes darting towards the entrance. Will he come? As hours ticked by, her hopes went down and so did her mood. So, he was actually not serious about it. Her father would be home anytime now.

Dhara got up and started moving towards her room when the doorbell rang. She sighed knowing it must be her father and continued to walk towards the room only to be frozen in her spot by the familiar voice.

She turned around in surprise and saw him taking her mother's blessing with a smile. His eyes met hers and they darkened with a hint of anger and disappointment.

“Mummy-mujhe Dhara se kuch baat krni thi.”

He said without breaking eye contact with her and she felt something in her belly. Why did it sound like he wanted to do things to her? Oh God! How long had it been since they'd made love? Two weeks probably. And she was behaving like this in front of him.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️