5.3

She heard Aman clear her throat but did not dare to look at him.

"Uhmm-this is-I mean- Wow! I did not expect that."

He mumbled and silence ensued again. Tamanna could feel her wildly beating heart. Was he going to deny the marriage? Should she ask? 

Gaining a lot of courage, which wasn't an easy task at all and almost chickening out for the nth time she finally opened her mouth.

"Aap-umm-aap kya sochte hai iss sab baare mai?"

She mentally patted herself for not stuttering much. God! He made her so nervous. 

He did a double take. Was she talking to him? Directly? Wow! He should record this moment. Controlling the shit-eating grin on his lips he breathed out.

"I mean-agar hamari families ne decide kia hai toh kuch soch kr hi kia hoga. Moreover I know you and you know me and my family well. So even if we go forward with it, tumhe adjust hone mai koi jyada problem nhi hogi. Plus, just like Sapna said, you guys will live together toh tumhara mann bhi laga rahega. I don't find any negative points in this situation."

She bit her lip and lowered her head more trying to control her squeal. He was considering marrying her. Her mental dance came to an end when he posed her the question.

"What about you? What do you think about it?"

She looked up and tucked her hair behind her ear. Bad move! He could see her face now. But she couldn't undo it. It would look weird.

"Umm-mai-umm-"

She took a deep breath and said honestly.

"Jaisa aapne abhi bola. Agar hamari families ne decide kia hai toh sahi hi hoga. And all the other points you mentioned. So I think-umm-I mean koi problem nhi honi chahiye."

"So you'll marry me?"

He asked and she didn't have to look at his face to tell that he was grinning. Did that mean he wanted to marry her? With his own will?

She blushed and nodded slowly and it took everything in him not to start jumping and dancing in happiness right there.

He opened his mouth to thank her but before he could Sapna interrupted them.

"Everyone's calling you guys downstairs."

Tamanna got up and ran down. Aman followed behind with the smile never leaving his face.

"Aa gaye dono! Aao bhai zaruri baat krni hai tum dono se."

Her father called as they saw them approach.

"Baat toh ho gyi na uncle. Bhai ki smile se pata nhi chal rha kya?"

Sapna teased and everyone chuckled. Aman's ears turned pink and he looked down while Tamanna hid behind her mother shielding herself from the teasing looks.

Their families were aware about the feelings their kids harnessed about each other. But they also knew how shy and introverted their kids were. They would never confess on their own.

They needed a push and so they decided to push them into this bond of matrimony. Atleast their feelings would come out. If they actually felt what their families were assuming the marriage would happen. If not, the alliance would be denied.

But judging by both of their faces, it seemed to be the former only. Tamanna had a glow and a permanent blush on her face, while Aman looked like someone switched on a bulb over his face. His smile was not wavering.

Both the parents felt content seeing they were making the correct decision for their kids. After receiving both of their consents, the roka was done the very moment.

Tamanna that night slumped on her bed with a different feeling. She wasn't single anymore. She had a fiance. The thread on her wrist was proof that all of it was real and she wasn't dreaming any of it.

Aman's condition was no different. She'd be his. His wife. He would get to love her, admire her and be with her. Without any restraints. He would have that right. She was giving it herself. She had agreed to marry him. That meant something right? Sapna had said she was even blushing and glowing. 

The dates for the wedding came quick. Aman was getting too impatient. He also felt like she wasn't interested sometimes. They have not talked over call even once since the marriage was finalised.

She did not stay in a room with him. He entered the room and she ran making some or the other excuse. At first, he chucked it thinking it to be her shyness. He too was shy. But everytime. This was getting too much for him.

Did she even like him? Or was she getting married only because their families think they should?

Tamanna was looking at her mehandi clad hands. The color came out so dark and beautiful. She blushed remembering Sapna word's when she told her about the color.

"Ab bhai loves you so much na. Plus unka naam jo likha hai haathon mai. Rang toh gehra aana hi tha."

Her cousin sister had joined Sapna in the teasing and said.

"Sirf haath pr hi kyu? Dil mai bhi toh jiju hai na. And not only that. Iske toh naam mai bhi jiju hi hai. Kyu T-aman-na?"

And she'd never loved her name more than this before. How come she never noticed this? She gazed at his name on her hands and smiled, hiding her face in her palms.

One more day and he would be her husband. The man she has always admired and loved will be her man.

Tamanna couldn't believe it was all real. She was in her new home. Her marital home. Sitting in her husband's room, all dolled up as his bride, waiting for his arrival so that they can 'celebrate' their wedding night.

God! The thought itself sends shivers down her spine. She loved him and wanted him but was not mentally prepared for that level of intimacy yet. Loving someone and being emotionally or mentally connected to them are two completely different notions.

She wanted to know him, his heart and his mind first. And she hoped he too wanted the same thing. She would not be able to deny him anything. He had the right on her now.

Her hands were trembling and she herself was shivering slightly at the possibility of what might happen when he entered.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️