7.1.3

Chirag held her chin and made her face him. He took out his handkerchief and softly dabbed it on her face to erase any remnants of tears and corrected her appearance.

She gulped feeling butterflies in her stomach. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

“You don't have to be embarrassed. I am never going to judge you, Deepika. I am happy you opened up. You want me to talk to your brother about this? About his behavior with you?”

She looked at him wide eyed and shook her head. Was he crazy? He didn't even know her brother. And her brother was definitely much stronger than him. What if he got angry and hurt him? No! She wouldn't be able to handle the guilt of hurting him.

“Are you sure? You know you can tell me if you ever want me to, right?”

She nodded and he removed his hands from her face taking a step back not to invade her personal space.

“Thank you for bearing with me.”

She whispered and he smiled.

“I don't have to bear with you. I love being with you, Deepika.”

He added in a mischievous tone. She felt her face heat up at his words.

“Stop-stop flirting with me! It's not going to work.”

She huffed and he chuckled. He put his hands in his pockets to stop them from pinching her cheeks.

“Oh! But I think it is working. Considering how hard you're blushing.”

He whispered as if telling her a secret and she looked at him wide eyed. His eyes held mirth and playfulness. She looked away and cleared her throat before stuttering out.

“I-I am not-not blushing.”

Was she though?

“Ummhmm! And now you're stuttering too.”

He pointed out still in that playful mood.

“That's because you're standing close to me.”

She answered defensively only to realize how dumb the reason was because they had plenty of distance between them. More than three steps.

He poked his cheek with his tongue and nodded his head in mock agreement. He took a step closer with his hands still in his pockets and said looking into her eyes.

“I'll wait for the day when you finally overcome whatever is stopping you from pursuing your true feelings, Deepika. I'll wait for the day you confess. But I promise I'll never force you. And neither am I giving up on you.”

He held her hand and caressed her knuckles while whispering the next words naughtily.

“Not when I know what you feel for me.”

He kissed her knuckles softly and left her standing in shock after delivering a wink. She cupped her cheeks. They felt so warm. She rushed to the washroom and saw that she was actually blushing hard. A shy smile graced her lips. Maybe she could actually let go of whatever that was stopping her. The fear of being abandoned by another person she had come to adore and love.

She was taking a step ahead this time. It was difficult for her. Getting attached to someone. The fear of losing him made her rethink many times a day. But his words and actions made that fear vanish the moment she saw him.

Deepak’s behaviour was the same. He had even started inviting his friends home. The first he did that Deepika got so scared seeing so many big men in the house. She knew she couldn't trust her brother anymore.

Whenever they came home, she'd lock herself in her room and wouldn't come out until they left. She hadn't told Chirag about this because she didn't want to bother him. What if he started thinking of her as a burden because of her issues? No! She couldn't afford that. She had started to like him a lot. Maybe even started to love him.

Deepika was having her breakfast. She had placed Deepak's breakfast too but he wasn't there yet. When she was about to finish, he came out of his room and took his seat.

He servef himself his breakfast and took a sip of his coffee only to spit it the next second.

Deepika looked at him in alarm and he glared at her so hard that she coward back in her chair.

“Agar marna chahti hai toh waise hi maar de na. Zeher kyu pila rhi hai.”

He snapped and left the room taking his breakfast with him. Deepika felt her heart break. She was trying to kill him? Did he really forget who they were and what relationship they shared?

Her phone rang diverting her attention and a smile graced her lips.

“Hi!”

She chirped taking her bag and rushing out to see Chirag waiting for her as he has been since the past few weeks now. He had started picking her up and dropping her bag since her home was in the way. That was what he said, which was a complete lie by the way.

He had to take a detour, wake up an hour early, travel an hour extra. But he'd do that if he gets to spend time with him. He'd do anything she would ask him to. What he did not know was how this day was going to change his forever.

Chirag was waiting for her at their usual lunch place, the staircase area. Since no one used the stairs the area was always vacant which gave them privacy.

He heard the sound of the door opening and a smile formed on his face. She sat beside him with a grin on her face.

They started having their lunch while chatting and laughing. Chirag was telling her something from his childhood. Deepika couldn't avert her eyes from his face. The twinkle in his eyes, the happiness on his face while he talked about his family and childhood was so contagious that she felt her own mood lift up.

Her eyes lingered on his lips which were graced in a smile. She couldn't hear a word he was saying. Her focus was on his mouth. His lips looked so soft and pink. Why were his lips pink? Did he apply something on them?

Deepika didn't realise what she was doing and before she could, she had already leaned forward and pecked his lips. It was when he stopped abruptly and looked at her wide eyed that she realised what she had done.

Her own eyes widened in shock and she quickly muttered an apology while trying to run away. Chirag came out of his initial shock and held her wrist pulling her bag.

Due to the impact of the pull, she fell on his lap sideways and looked at him wide eyed. His eyes now held a naughty glint. Holding her waist with one arm he put the other palm on her nape holding her in place.

She closed her eyes the moment their lips touched again. Her fingers went into his hair scraping his scalp and he groaned pulling her closer.

She pushed his chest to break the kiss when it felt too much. She rested her forehead on his and panted heavily. His thumbs continuously caressing her nape and waist, creating havoc in her.

“I-I think I really like you, Chirag.”

She whispered not being able to stop herself. He stilled and pulled back slightly to look at her for any signs of pranks. But he only saw genuinity and love. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead touching it with his again.

“I-I can't believe you-thank you so much Deepika. I really really like you. A lot.”

Things got even better between them after that. Chirag would openly hold her hand and pull her into hugs. He'd attack her face with kisses making her giggle. Since their desks were adjacent to each other's, he'd take a sip or two of coffee from her mug.

Deepika was the happiest she's been in the past 9 years. What she didn't know was that this was the calm before the storm.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️