Redny

Third P.O.V

It has been three days since the accident. Barney has been in the hospital with Red, never letting him leave his sight. The rest of the Skymedia crew has also been visiting often, glad that Red was still alive. Today was the day that Red got most of his bandages off. Jessica was super excited that he was gonna leave. Well, she was glad that he was better.

"Okay so were gonna take off the leg ones first." Jessica said snipping her scissors. Red nodded as Jessica started to cut the bandages. More and more skin started to show as she took them off. The skin seemed normal, only with a couple of bruises here and there. Red looked up at Barney and smiled. Barney smiled back and soon continued to watch Jessica cut the bandages. "Okay, now hold put your arm." Red obeyed and she soon had all the bandages off. "Okay now face me so we could take the ones off your eye." Red smiled and nodded, he faced her. Jessica frowned.

"Come into the bathroom, this is a tricky one to cut." Red followed her and turned on the light. His back was to Barney as she started to cut carefully. She then grabbed the cut end and started to unwind it. Once it was off Red opened his eye, glad he could see out of it once more. He looked at Jessica and smiled but soon grew curious. Jessica's smiling face had grown pale. "What's wrong?" Red asked her.

Jessica didn't say anything only got closer to Red. She put her hand on his right cheek looking into his left eye. "Oh god..." She whispered. "What's wrong?" Red said tearing away from her grasp and looking in the mirror. His face also paled. "Whats wrong?" Barney said, walking towards the bathroom. Red suddenly covered his left eye. "I-I'm fine..." He said shakily. "Nos your not, what's wrong?" Red looked at him, his hand still on his eye. "I told you it was nothing, I'm fine."

"Come on Reds, lets me see." Barney said desperately, tugging at his hand lightly. "No." Red said sternly and with no emotion. He took a step back, sadness filled his one eye. "I'm sorry but no." Barney understood, he wasn't going to see it, not now anyways. "Okays, I understand." Barney took a few steps back. Red looked at him and smiled. "Thank you." Jessica then came up to Red. "Do you want something to help you with that?" Red nodded quickly and Jessica left the room.

Red then sat in the bed, with his hand still on his eye. Barney walked over and sat next to him. "Reds please knows that I wills still loves yous no matters what." Barney kissed his cheek. "Thank you, that means so much to me."  Jessica then came back holding something in her hands. "You sure?" She  asked as Red stood up so Barney couldn't see his face. Jessica then spread a back band around Reds head. Once on he fixed it and faced Barney. He had a black eye patch over his left eye.

Barney flashed a weak smile that Red returned. Barney then got up and hugged him, Red smiled and hugged back. They soon broke and Red fixed his patch. "Well we should get going..." Barney said. "Yes, I'm assuming you want to go home." Jessica agreed. Red smiled and walked out the door. Barney waved to Jessica and nodded. Jessica waved and smiled. Barney then followed Red out of the room and into the lobby.

They both went down the elevator in silence. Red sighed as soon as both got into the car. "You okays Reds?" Barney asked once buckled. "Yeah.... just tired I guess...." Barney nodded, not wanting to press him. "I-I'm scared....I'm s-scared Barney..." Red mumbled tears filling his eyes. Barney gasped and he unbuckled and hugged Red tightly. Red then let a broken sob escape his lips. Barney lifted Red up and scooted into the seat, setting Red on his lap. Red then buried his head in his chest.

"Whys are you scared?" Barney asked, holding him close. "I'm scared on what they would think..." Red mumbled. "What's do you means?" Red then lifted his head and started to lift his eye patch. Barney stopped him. "Yous don't haves to show mes if yours dont wants to.." He said sadly. "I want to, I would have to show you anyway, plus I trust you not to laugh." Red then lifted his eye patch to show his eye. There was a scar above and below it, going in a diagonal fashion. The scar went through his eye.

The line wasn't visible but you could see where. The color part of his eye was white except for the very ends of the circle. His pupil was now a dark gray color. Barney gasped softly as he touched the scar above his eye lightly. Reds eyes started to water as he saw Barneys reaction. "I understand if you dont want to date me a-anymore..." Red said as a sob escaped his lips. "What's? Why would I leave yous because of this? Reds looks at mes." Barney lifted Reds head with his pointer and middle finger. "I wills not leave yous because of this. You are the best thing that's has happen to me ands I wills never leave yous because of this. You are still you and I loves you."

Red smiled up at Barney and hugged him. "Thank you..." He said, looking up at Barney with the biggest smile on his face. He then leaned up and kissed him. Barney smiled and kissed back. "I'm not showing the other guys yet.." Red said breaking the kiss and slipping on his eye patch. "Fairs enough." Barney said with a small laugh.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just realized how hard it is to type in Barneys accent.... sorry if I messed up.