Mithross- City of Stars

So this was written by FoxLover121 and its amazing. This waw not ny work at all, its hers. I hope you guys enjoy cause when i read it i cried.
~Maddy
_____________________________

City of stars
Are you shining just for me?

He sat at the edge of the dock, his legs swinging from side to side. Next to him was the most beautiful man he'd ever seen in his life. The way his eyes shined, the way he talked, they way he danced... Max couldn't ask for anyone better, anyone more or less.

City of stars
There's so much that I can't see

Unfortunately for Ross, Max was a reserved person. Max was and always has been embarrassed about the way he looked, talked, and especially danced. At least he was less reserved around his loving boyfriend. Speaking of which...

Who knows?
"..I felt it from the first embrace I shared with you."

Ross placed his hand on top of Max's as he sang softly. Max stiffened, startled by the sudden touch, but quickly recovered. Max smiled warmly, taking Ross' hand and pulling him up. There were sometimes exceptions to Max's shy personality.

"That now our dreams."
"They've finally come true."

Max slowly wrapped his arms around Ross' neck, and placed his forehead on his lover's, humming softly. A blush crept onto Ross' face as he looked away. Max took a finger and placed it underneath his chin, pushing up and making eye contact with the brunette.

"City of stars."
"Just one thing everybody wants."

Max swayed his body, forcing Ross to sway with him. Of course he didn't mind. Ross wrapped his arms around Max's waist. Slowly, they twirled around the dock, love clear in their gazes. It's all they could've asked for.

There in the bars
And through the smokescreen of the crowded restaurants

A younger-looking Ross and Max sat in the middle of a small cafe. They had to be in about their 20's. Max was sitting by himself in a corner, a croissant in one hand and a book in tbe other. Nearby sat Ross, also alone. He had a cup of hot chocolate, sipping it casually.

It's love
Yes, all we're looking for is love from someone else

Max was looking down at his book, but he wasn't reading anything. He was well aware of a certain someone near him, staring. Max looked up from his book, meeting Ross' clouded gaze. Ross snapped out of his trance, and the two stared at each other for another moment or two. Little did they know that they'd found their special one.

"A rush~"
"A glance~"
"A touch~"
"A dance~"

The two jumped from the flashback, and straight into a galaxy full of stars. The two danced together, the beautiful stars and the comforting colors of the Milky Way rushing around them. The two sang together, only aware of the other, only thinking about their perfect relationship.

A look in somebody's eyes
"To light up the skies"
"To open the world and set it reeling"

They stopped and stood still, the universe seemingly stopping just for them. Max removed his arms from Ross' neck, and took his hands instead. Ross looked away, then quickly gave Max a kiss. Max widened his eyes in surprise, but kissed back.

A voice that says,
"I'll be here."
"And you'll be alright."

Both men's eyes began to tear up. Tears streamed down Ross and Max's faces, despite their smiles. Suddenly, the galaxy begin the shrivle away. It became a pitch-black darkness, taking Ross with it and leaving Max alone.

I don't care if I know
Just where I will go
"Cause all that I need is this crazy feeling

The two were finally back in reality. The reality of a hospital room, Max kneeling near a bed with Ross in it. The monitors beeped, indicating Ross' heartbeat beginning to slow. Max sniffled and wiped his nose on his sleeve.

A rat-tat-tat on my heart

Max held Ross' hand, squeezing it gently.

"Think I want you to stay.."

He stayed silent. Solemnly silent. He opened his mouth, singing softly.

"City of stars..."
"Are you shining just for me..?"

Ross smiled softly, in love with Max's voice. Everything ached for him. From his head to his toes, his heart to his soul.

"City of stars..."
"You never shined so brightly..."

Max's voice cracked. He stood up, looking down at his feeble love. No rise and fall of the chest. Not fluttering eyelids. No smiling lips, no soft humming. He bent down, brushing back Ross' hair. He gently kissed his forhead, then closed Ross' eyelids shut.

"Goodbye."

_______________

Those aren't tears I have something in my eye. Thanks again to the original author! Oh! Guys go through and vote witch one shot you want me to continue!