Mithross - The Moth and The Flame

Just a little valentine's thing. I know it doesn't match the holiday very well but I thought it was cute. If you have any short ideas (since it's today) just let me know!
~Maddy
_________________________

Ross fluttered his wings as he landed on the flat surface. He was scared and cold and somehow had managed to make it into a large encased thing, instead of being under the bright stars.

Loud thuds then echoed through the area, making Ross shrink back and tuck his tiny wings into his tiny body.

Loud shuffling sounded and soon light filled the room. Ross's eyes widened as a small light illuminated the area. It was a simple little candle that started to shine brightly.

Ross then opened his wings and fluttered up to it, hovering near the flame. He smiled at it, loving the light. Once the little flicker of light was bright enough, it opened it eyes and smiled at Ross.

Ross smiled back happily. He then got closer to it, reaching his hand out to the flame. Ross expected for the flame to touch his hand back but instead it pushed up against his chest, snuggling.

Ross gasped as he felt the heat hurt his skin and he fell to the floor in a heap. The flame gasped and watched from above. Ross had a little trouble getting up but one he did, he didn't fly up again, instead he sat on the little candle holder at the bottom, not wanting to go back up.

The flame looked down at him in sadness, then an idea came to mind. The light touched the nearby wax, making it melt. He smiled as he continued this process making it down to the moth. Ross looked up and found the flame burning brightly as ever. He smiled and reached out his hand once more. The flame knew that he could hurt him so he put up his hand too, never touching him though.

The two stayed like that for what seemed Ike centuries. They enjoyed each others company and smiles they shared. But soon the light started to dim. Ross realized that his friend, Max, was burning out and he started to panic. Ross wanted to do everything to help him but he didn't have much luck.

Max took hold of Ross's hand, making Ross flinch greatly. He pulled away and saw a little burn mark upon the fuzzy fur. He reached out to Max once more before he burned out. Max smiled warmly at him before the light in the room faded.

Tears pricked Ross's eyes as he fluttered his wings, taking off into the air. The tears slipped down his cheeks as he made it to a window still. He looked out at the stars, seeing them illumine the sky. 

Ross then looked down and saw a warm glow illuminate the window still. He turned around and saw Max once again on top of a new candle. He gasped happily and fluttered up to him, the biggest smile on his face.

They reached out and touched hands once more, this time Ross didn't pull away.

~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Valentines Day.