Redney- But He Didn't

Welp guys, this has been some ride huh? Feelings crushed, hearts smashed, and dreams come true all right here in one book. Im kinda sad to leave it but I said once I reach part 50 I would end at 100. And its just feels right, this is a good part to end. But don't worry! Book two will be coming out soon! But for now, please enjoy the last chapter of one shots! 

Warning: Sad 

~Maddy

______________________

Reds foot pressed against the breaks quickly as he swerved to the side of the road. He heard a loud crash and his eyes bolted open, looking at the car. The windshield wasn't broken or the windows but as soon as Red got out of the car he felt his heart drop. 

The entire front of the car was smashed into a electric pole. Tears filled Red's eyes, soon taking out his phone. This was his fault all his and now he had to face his spouse. "Barney, I. . . something happened with your new car."

Red watched the many cars drive by as his heart pounded, waiting for his lover. Once he got there he thought Barney would yell at him and hate him. 

But he didn't.  

~~~o~~~

Red smiled as he poured his favorite drink, fruit punch, into the large glass in front of him. He put away the jug and walked into the living room, taking a sip. He just closed his eyes for a second, that's all it was until he felt something hit his leg. 

He lost his balance and soon came in contact with the floor. Pain shot up his arm but then a loud crashing sound filled his ears and his heart dropped. He propped himself up with his arms and looked at the scene before him. 

The glass had shattered and the red liquid had seeped into their new carpet. He looked up and saw his husband walk through the doorway, worry covering his face. Red started to tear up as Barney walked over, thinking he would kill him. 

But he didn't. 

~~~o~~~

Red smiled as the saw the water crash against the soft sand. "Told you it wasn't gonna rain!" He said happily as he ran over to the water. Barney shrugged and joined him. 

The two had a great time, at least for five minutes, for the thunder started to roll in, making the two run back into the car. 

Red huffed heavily as he closed the door, getting water all over the seat. "I'm sorry i should have list-"He got cut off by Barney kissing his cheek. Red looked at him surprised, thinking he would have said 'I told you so.' 

But he didn't. 

~~~o~~~

Red winked at Adam as a joke on Office Antics. The brunette laughed but Red saw his husband stiffen slightly. He brushed it off and continued with the video. About fifteen minutes later Red was swaying his hips his hips to 'tease' Adam, making everyone laugh, all except Barney of course. 

After the video Barney called Red into his office, making his heart drop. Once he saw his lover he  instantly was filled with regret. Barney crossed his arms and sighed making Red hang his head slightly. He thought Barney would yell at him and hurt him. 

But he didn't. 

~~~o~~~

Red sighed as he fixed his tux, quickly looking over at his boyfriend. He made a surprise date and forgot to tell him to dress nice. Barney currently wore some jeans and a blue t-shirt while Red wore a fancy tux. "Barney Im really-" The older male flashed him a smile as he held out his hand as music started to play. 

Red smiled brightly thinking Barney would abandon him forever. 

But he didn't. 

~~~o~~~

Yes, there were a lot of things he didn't do, but he put up with the ginger, loved him, and protected him and there were many things Red wanted to do to say thank you. 

Red smiled as tears ran down his face. He looked up at his husband, who was now ready to leave to fight in Vietnam. "Barney you don't have to..." Red started but the older one only took his gingers hand and kissed it lightly before kissing his forehead. 

Tears trickled down his cheeks as he watched his husband get into the car with other army men. He flashed Red a smile, blew him a kiss and soon was off down the street. 

From that day on Red waited and waited. His friends soon had families and his channel was doing amazing. Life seemed to flash by and he had all he could possibly want, but  he still waited and waited until his hair was gray and his bones weak, hoping he would come back. 

But he didn't. 

_________________________

Wow, I'm about to cry at my own story. But this is the end and I thought this one was perfect. Also, since this is the last part please go through and vote on which oneshots continuations you would like in the next book!! 

I've had so much fun writing this book and I never thought it would come this far. I thank you all who have been by my side since the very beginning and those who have helped me along the way. You all are amazing and you all are beautiful people. 

Thank you.