Redney: Underwater Love 2

I need to finish this...
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Red swam home happily for the first time in ages. "Father, father!" He said happily. He swam around looking for him until he found him in the throne room talking to his mother. "Father!" Red said swimming up to them.

Sparkles turned and looked at him. "What is it? Are you okay?" He said slightly worried. "I'm more then okay, I'm great! I swam out of the city and I saw a big ship. I then met a really nice human-" Red said as he swam quickly through the water, swimming over his parents heads until Sparkles cut him off.

"A human?!" He said sharply. Red stopped in his place. "Yeah..." He said quietly. "Don't you ever go near them again!!" He yelled at Red. "Why not?" Just then small puffs came from behind Red. They all turned and saw Apple and Ross swimming forward clearly out of breath. "And what were you two doing?! Why didn't you stop him?!" The kind yelled at the two animals. They looked around sheepishly and didn't say a word.

Sparkles sighed and looked at Red. "Don't go back, that's my final command." He said sharply. "Sparkles you're being to harsh. First the human and then the city. What's next, he can't leave the castle?" Quake asked him calmly. "Whatever it takes to keep him in line." And with that he swam off, Quake following.

Red curled his hands into fists and swam off into his room. "This isn't fair!! He hates me!" Red said looking out over the city, many dim lights shining through the water. "Why can't he just understand?" He asked himself before falling into a deep sleep.

Red awoke to the sun rays filtering through the water. He groaned and sat up. He realized that he was now stuck within the city but he needed to see Barney that night. Red paced his room repeatedly before he came up with and idea.

He bolted out his room, through the castle and swam through the city till he got to his friends house. "Husky!!" He yelled before the door was opened by a similar aged merman. He had a long blue tail with orange fins at the end. His hair was also blue with orange streaks running through it. "What do you want?" He asked annoyed. "I need you to do me a favor." Husky groaned. "What now?" Red handed him a small bag. "Spend it on whatever you want and then if anyone asks I helped you with it. Got it?" Husky looked uncertain. "Okay but what are you gonna be doing?" Red smiled. "I'm going to the surface." And with that he swam off before Husky could say another word.

Red swam happily upward through the waters, with a smile on his face. He was planning on meeting his friend a little early but it would be a nice surprise. He broke the surface of the water and looked for a ship. He smiled as he saw it a while away but not extremely far.

He dove under again and raced after the boat until he could see the bottom of it. He was about to break the surface once more just to see the boat clearly until something blocked his path. It seemed to wrap around him in an instant. "What's going on?!" He said as fear coursed through him. He soon lost the ability to move his tail.

"What's going on?!" He said as he couldn't move his arms. Next thing he knew he was being lifted up into the air, still stuck. He then felt a sharp pain on his shoulder as he was thrown onto something hard. He groaned in pain as muffled voices surrounded him.

He soon got his strength back and started to struggle once more. His vision cleared and he saw many people surrounded him. "What should we do with him?" One asked. "Maybe we could ear him, or maybe sell him." Another piped up. Reds heart started to race. He glanced at the group of people until he saw one familiar that stood a few feet back.

"Barney!" He called out. All the chatter dies away. "Please help..." Red called out desperately. Barney didn't move as a sharp pain spread across Reds tail. He let out a yell in pain as a voice filled the air. "Stop squirming you fish." Red looked at the human and he had black raven hair that covered his left eye and by the looks of it, seemed to be the captain.

Red looked at his tail and saw bright red blood soaking the scales. "Barney... please..." Red turned his attention back to him, his eyes filled with sadness. "Please...." He then grew limp and took the pain now giving up on everything, there was no way out of this. He closed his eyes and let the pain of the many cuts consume him.

Just then a loud thud sounded right rest to Red. Barney had one leg over Reds body. "Don't touch hims." He said sternly to the captain. "And what are you gonna do with him then?" Barney hesitated. "I'm gonna take him back home." Barney then picked up Red carefully and going over to the side of the boat. "If you jump then we're leaving without you.

Barney turned back and smiled. "So be it then." He said and jumped into the water. Red sighed as he felt the cool water touch his scales. Barney then pulled out a pocket knife and started cutting away at the rope binding Red. Ross just then came up next to Red handing him a simple device. Red glided over to Barney and slipped the little purple device in his mouth that stuck to the roof of his mouth and little extentions that went into his nose.

"Now you can breath." Barney was unsure but took a deep breath anyway. "Oh wows.... this works." He said with a small laugh. "Yeah, made my merpeople of course!" Red said with a laugh. "Are you okay?" Barney asked Red. "Yeah, all good." Red said trying to swim but ended up flinching in the process. "Nos yours not okays. You need help." "No I don't... I'm fine..." Red said calmly. Barney looked down and saw blood still leaking through the cut. "Come on, we need to get you help." And with that Barney picked up Red bridal style and tried his best to swim downward to find help.

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~

Hey guys! So sorry I couldn't update at all lately school has been really mean and I had to study for midterms. It is now fall break so now I can update more often. I'm glad you guys like my story and I'll see you guys later.

Stay awesome, stay strong, stay beautiful ~ Maddy

=^.^=