Mithross: Highschool AU

Hi....

<><><><><><><><><>

Third P.O.V

Today was the day. God... new school, new house and possibly new friends, but would that happen? No. Ross snuggled into his warm blankets, not wanting to get up. He didn't want to face anything this new 'great' school had to offer. "Ross, its time to get up." His mom said from the doorway. Ross never disobeyed his mom unless dire circumstances.

Ross sat up and yawned. He slipped on his glasses and shuffled over to one of their moving boxes. They had recently moved to Washington cause of his dads work. He grabbed some clothes that were lying on top, obviously thrown in last minute.

He pulled out faded jeans and a light blue shirt. Nothing special or fancy. He slipped those on and looked in the mirror. He then grabbed his favorite hoodie, it was a simple gray hoodie but when the hood was up it had a little narwhal horn on top. Kids at the old school called him a unicorn. His curly hair was a mess and his eyes were filled with tiredness. . The move has been draining the energy out of him, not counting the stress of going to school.

He then lazily walked down stairs to greet his mom making breakfast. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" She asked sweetly. "Better than normal.." Ross grumbled as he went over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk. "Well you better hurry, the bus will be here soon." She said handing him a piece of toast.

Ross smiled." Thanks mom." He said gratefully as he walked towards the door. "Oh your backpack is by the door." Ross nodded and picked it up, swinging it over his shoulder. He took a bite out of the toast as he walked down the sidewalk, heading to this old twisted tree were supposedly this bus stop was supposed to be.

Ross stood against the tree waiting for the bus, taking small bites of his toast. After a few minutes he saw it round the corner and stop in front of him. He gratefully smiled at the bus driver and walked down the bus aisle. There was only a few kids on the bus, he assumed that he was one of the first stops.

He walked to the very back seat not wanting to be noticed. The bus started once more as Ross opened his milk. He took small sips until he reached the next bus stop. This one had a ton of kids get on, but what stood out was this 'pack'.

"Hmm.... new kid on the bus huh?" One of them said to Ross. He wore all black with blood red shoes. His sunglasses shielded his eyes very well. His brown curly hair was pulled back in a ponytail and on his neck lay a golden amulet, probably a family heirloom.

"Yes.. I am." Ross said hesitantly to the kid in front of him. "Well, since its the first day of school, we'll let you off. But only for today, this is our area." The kid said referring to the last four seats of the bus. "Well I dont see your name on them." Ross said getting defensive.

The kid infant of him scowled. "You better not have said that kid." Said a higher pitched voice. Ross looked behind the 'ring leader' to find the rest of the group behind him. The person that spoke up was a girl who seemed very... slutty to him. She had long black hair and a lot of makeup on. She wore a V-neck and super short shorts that just barely fit the strict dress code.

"Yeahs.... I agreed with Jess...." Said another kid. This one was much taller than the ring leader and had died purple hair. He also had a purple hoodie that was unzipped to show a green shirt. The strange thing about him was that he had a eye patch on his left eye. Ross decided not to ask about it at the moment. "Agreed, so kid, out. You need to learn your place." Ross gored at the ring leader. "No, my place is right here, I got here first." The kid grumbled as he was pushed aside.

Another kid, about the same height as the ring leader, stood in front of Ross. He wore a black shirt and a pair of black jeans. A black hoodie hung around his shoulders, fitting him nicely. Red fluffy hair spiked up from under his black beanie that he wore. His eyes were a dull brown, almost black. The only bright thing about his outfit was the golden little 'Z' necklace that hung around his neck.

"Move." He said sternly looking Ross in the eye. Ross's heart skipped a beat. Not out of love, out of fear. Ross wanted to shy away from the kid in front of him but he had to stand his ground. "No. I'm not moving." Ross said looking him in the eye, happy that he didn't stutter. The eyes of the kid in front of him seemed to be alive with flames, but his face showed no emotion.

The kid then took Ross's milk from him. Ross didn't care, he didn't even want it anymore. The kid only unscrewed the cap and poured the rest of the contents on Ross's head. Ross gasped as he felt the white liquid seep into his hair and drip down his skin. The guys behind him laughed and cheered. The kid suddenly grabbed Ross's hoodie and pulled him close. "Move." He said as he shoved Ross to the ground and sat in his place.

"Yeah go Max!" Some of the guys yelled as they sat down. "More like Mad Max..." Ross whispered as he stood up, shifting his backpack over his shoulder. "What did you call me?" A voice said, it was filled with anger and Ross could tell. "Nothing.." He said looking back, Max stood there, looking down at Ross, and he could defiantly tell that there was fire in his eyes.

"What did you say?" He asked again, his hands clenching into fists. "Nothing.." Ross managed to squeak out as he backed up slowly. But Max wasn't going to let him get away, he grabbed his hoodie once more and pulled him close. "What. Did. You. Say?" Max said slowly, about to break. Ross could feel his warm breath on his cheek.

Ross closed his eyes and whispered. "Mad Max.." There was silence. "Say it again. Louder." Max said, his grip on Ross's hoodie tightening. "I... I c-called you Mad Max." Ross said louder, his eyes shut tight. He then felt pain spread through his face. Warmth covered his skin as he collided with the floor of the bus. He groaned as he pushed himself off the floor with his arms. His eyes flickered open and he touched his face. He felt a sticky substance, and with that he pulled his hand away.

Blood covered his hand. Max had punched him. Max had punched him. He looked up at Max wide eyed and afraid. Max had a scowl on his face and his hands were clenched into fists. He then took a step forward and kicked Ross right in the ribs, making Ross lose his balance. Ross winced as he heard a sickening crack. Once he got over the shock he propped himself up on his elbows, looking at Max.

Max leaned down and grabbed his hoodie once more, pulling him close. "Don't you ever call me Mad Max again." He said sternly, and Ross soon got the message. He then dropped him, making his head hit the floor. Ross groaned and got up, his legs shaking and side hurting. He then started to fall forward with his vision fading.

With what seemed like seconds Ross flickered open his eyes to only see a white room. "Where am I?" He asked mostly to himself. "Your in the nurses office honey." Said the school nurse. Ross looked at her shocked. "How did I get here?" He asked her. "Oh, this nice kid named Max carried you in." She said with a smile. "W-What?" Ross said surprised. The guy that beat me up, helped me? He asked himself.

Flashback

Max and the small crew around him watched Ross faint in front of them. Jess gasped as Barney snickered. "Nice job Max." Adam said patting him on the shoulder. Max didn't feel pity but he hated how he was so weak. At that moment the bus stopped in front of the school. Everyone got off, stepping over Ross. Max was the last one to get off. He reached down and picked up Ross's backpack and flinging it over his shoulder before picking Ross up. "Max what are you doing?" Adam asked once getting of the bus.

"Your helping him?" Jess asked, slightly annoyed. "Yes, cause if he doesn't get help then we wont have someone to pick on for the whole year." He said with a smirk. The rest of the crew nodded and smiled. Max walked into the school, heading towards the nurses office. 'How could you be so light?' Max asked himself. 'Why would this pathetic thing stand up to me? He never had a chance.' Max thought. 'But then again why would I pick on a weakling? Wow great job Max, great move buddy.'

'And on the first day of school, nice. You should have given him a break, a small one at that. But that nickname.... it does things to me.' Max thought as he walked into the small office. "Hello how ma- oh my!" The nurse said running up to Max. "What happened to him?" Max tried to come up with an excuse. "He ran into the door and someone accidentally ran into him, that's why his side hurts.

The lady nodded, her eyes wide. "Just set him down on the bed please." Max nodded and set him down carefully. He placed his backpack on the side of the bed. "Okay, thank you for bringing him, now you get to class." She ordered Max. max nodded, not wanting to be in the room any longer.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Bye.... hope you enjoyed

Kitty out! =^.^=