Mithross - Arcade Love

I'm a sucker for these stories. ;3

I hope you all are well!

~Maddy
_________________________

Ross sighed as he walked down the street. A cold wind came running over him, making him tighten his jacket around him. He looked up and bight lights caught his attention. He walked closer to the sign and found it was and arcade.

He smiled at the warm lights coming from inside. Another chill swept through the air making him open the door and welcome the warmth. His eyes scanned over the scene before him, getting used to the bright lights. Children laughed and ran around, some were eating pizza while others were playing games.

His eyes wandered to the stage to were a male robot wolf sang backed up with his female parrot and male bat sang and played the drums. They looked pretty new compared to their shiny outfits and smooth movement.

Ross smiled as he walked up to the prize counter. His eyes scanned the walls of cheap prizes, many colorful things stood out but a small stiffed gray animal caught his eye. A small little squirrel was tucked into one of the ends of the shelves, out of sigh. The male walked closer to it and saw it was only a hundred tickets.

"Aren't you a little old to be in here?" A voice said with a bit of laughter in his tone. Ross looked to his left and saw a ginger leaning against the glass table that held many other little prizes.

"Arent you a little old to be working in here?" Ross said with a smirk, fixing his glasses slightly. He eyed the ginger, taking in little details of his face. He had a small beard going and had his fluffy ginger hair sweep in and upward direction. He had dark brown eyes that seemed to lead into another universe, allowing Ross to get lost in them forever. Small creases were made along his cheeks, knowing that he smiled a lot. His lips were a soft pink and curled into a small smile.

He smiled and laughed. "I guess you have a point." He said, scanning Ross's face. The brown curly hair fell in front of his glasses, making him look extremely innocent. Behind the glasses, bright blue eyes showed, leading into and ocean of mystery. His chubbiness also added to his innocence.

"Of course I do!" Ross said with a laugh before brushing his hair out of his eyes and looking at the little plush. He really wanted it but sadly his check wasn't until the end of the month, and there was a great possibility that it would be gone by then.

"So what's your name?" The ginger asked walking closer to Ross, leaning on the counter once more.

"I'm Ross, what's yours?" He asked, looking towards the ginger. He nearly melted at the sight of the blue eyes, wanting to pull him close and stare into them forever.

"The names Max." He said calmly. Ross nodded and smiled before looking back at the squirrel. "I'm guessing you want it?" Max asked with a smile.

"Yeah, I love squirrels but its a hundred tickets and I dont get paid anytime soon." Ross said sadly, pushing himself off the glass counter. Max smiled and pulled out a small box behind the cash register.

"Here, I collect lost tokens in case of I situation like this occurs." He said holing out the little brown box to the male.

"You sure?" The ginger nodded before Ross took some out of the box. The brunet smiled and walked over to the many games. Max watched him as he picked a game. He was surprised when he picked Ski Ball.

The game where you throw the ball down the lane and try to get it into the holes with the designated score.

Ross always played his game when he was younger and always got the most tickets from this game.

Ross soon used up all his tokens and collected his tickets. His heart dropped when he found out he only had 90 tickets.

He walked over to the counter, handing Max the tickets. "Just give them to some kid. Or save them, I bet you do that too." He said with a smile.

Max chuckled, and he pulled out a small blue box. "I do, and luckily, there are ten tickets in here." Max said as he held out the the box.

"No, it's fine. Honestly." Ross said as he stuck the 90 tickets in the box. "It's just a stuffed animal." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"And it's for you." Max said with a smile as he pulled the squirrel put from the shelf and handed it to Ross.

The brunet carefully took the plush, feeling it's soft fur run along his fingers. "Thank you." Ross said softly with the biggest smile on his face.

"You're welcome. I'm very glad I collect things now." Max said with a laugh.

"Do you collect anything else?" Ross asked hugging the plush.

"Just lost items mostly." Max said looking out over the play area. "Kids lose things pretty easily." Ross nodded. "But there is one thing I don't have." Max said with a smirk as he looked at Ross once more.

"What's that?" The younger male asked, curious.

"Well, can I collect your phone number cutie?" Max asked with a light blush. Ross smiled and nodded, a blush blooming on his cheeks.

Ross quickly wrote his number down on a scrap piece of paper. "Just call me whenever you want." Ross said with a smile as he slid the paper towards the ginger.

"Thanks." He said with the biggest smile.

"Well, I should get going... my break is almost over." Max nodded, understanding.

Ross waved to Max slightly as he gripped the door handle. Max waved back as Ross pushed the door open, back out into the cold atmosphere.