Mithross- Centaurs

Yeah boi! Centaurs are humans without legs and instead have a horse body. Seriously. Look it up. But I will be continuing this later on. Love ya all!
~Maddy

____________________

Water ran down the ragged gray fur, cleaning out the blood. Max ran his fingers over the water, forcing the water to pick up more blood.

Ross winced as the blood seeped into the wound. He clenched his teeth tightly as he felt Max put some of the leaf medicine be put on the large wound. "T-thanks Max." Ross said softly, as the pain died away.

Max nodded and smiled as he put some uncrushed leaves on the wound, so it wouldn't get infected. "Try and stand." He ordered, standing up, his hooves making small thuds on the ground.

Ross attempted to stand and succeeded, but had a hard time walking. "Can you make it back to camp?" Max asked worried. Ross nodded and flashed a small smile.

Max then took out his bow and prepared it as they started to walk. Ross being pretty much useless in a fight he was in charge of protecting them both.

They soon made it back to camp, soon being greeted by Adam. He was pretty muscular and had very curly brown hair. His fur was a deep black and very shiny. "Where were you too?" Adam asked roughly, his hooves pawing the ground.

"Ross got attacked by a bear so I had to help him fix his wound before returning." Max said calmly. Adam nodded before welcoming Ross back.

"Thanks Max." Ross said with a smile.

"No problem. Just be careful alright?" He said, putting his bow away.

The camp was a large clearing in the middle of the forest. It had some hills where families would sleep, but some liked to sleep in the field that wasn't too far off.

"Ross!" He heard a female voice call to him. He looked around until he found his cousin, Shelby, running up to him.

He smiled and took a couple of steps forward before Shelby gave him a hug. Shubs had long silky red hair and had a pearly white body, her hooves being black. "Are you alright?" She asked, breaking the hug and trying to look at his thigh.

"Yeah, all good Shubs." He said with a laugh. She smiled and hugged him once more before galoping off to her lover, Jess, who had black fur as well.

Ross then limped to his little house. It was carved into a decent sized hill and it was pretty roomy. Usually centaurs lived in two or threes, just for protection.

He limped in and found Max and Tim talking to eachother. Tim had a similar color to Ross's fur but he had black spots all over his back. "Ross!" Tim said before galoping over to him.

Ross smiled sheepishly. "What are you doing here! You need to go see Jake, he'll put better medicine on you." Tim said ushering Ross out the cave entrance. Ross sighed and slapped Tim's hand away from him with his tail before trotting away to the medicine room.

Ross walked in, soon meeting Jake. "Hey, I knew you would come in here. Lay down next to Red and I'll have your stuff ready. He smiled at Red who smiled back. He was laying down on his side, but propping himself as much as he could with his elbow.

Ross laid down next to him, keeping his wounded thigh off the ground. "Hows the baby?" Ross asked Red, once settling.

Red smiled. "It's been okay, it's been kicking a lot which I take as a good sign." He said with a smile. You see, them being mythical creatures, anything could happen. Red was a chestnut hazel color and his stomach was really swollen for a normal centaur.

(Don't judge me....)

Then a light paw of hooves came from outside the den. Ross looked and saw the tan rugged fur of Jakes body.

The wizard, as everyone called him, came over and sat laid down on his legs, like a cat would, and started to treat Ross wound.

He put a crushed berry ointment on the wound plus some stretched out leather to keep it in place. "All done." Jake said with a smile as he carefully got up. "Be careful with walking though, you don't want to hurt yourself more." Ross nodded and carefully got up. He wished Red good luck with the foal and soon left.

He walked over to Adam who was sending out patrols for food and water. Adam soon gave his attention to Ross, "Ross, I know your hurt but do you think you can do berry duty?"

The gray stallions heart dropped. "B-berry duty?" He said unhappily. Adam nodded.

"Sorry Ross but you're hurt and I would rather you stayed at home but I know you want to help.

Ross nodded and joined the girls, who did these kinda things. Shelby handed him a basket as they left the clearing.

The group consisted of him, Shelby, Jess and Em. Em was a white horse but with black spots over her hind legs.

They all gathered around a large bush that had grown around a tree. The process had taken a long while but they had soon filled up the small baskets that they had.

Suddenly he saw a flash of purple run by the tree. "Barney?" Shelby called out towards the strong stallion. He didn't stop and only ran towards the clearing. Max then trotted up next, not in such a hurry as Barney was.

"Max, what's wrong with Barney?" Ross asked as he stood up, walking over to his friend.

Max only smiled at the younger one. "Red is having the baby." He said calmly. Ross gasped softly, as he looked towards the camp. The girls gasped and got up.

"Well we should get going!" Shelby said happily.

"We don't want to rush, rushing in will just cause more commotion than nessicary plus we cannot even see the foal until it's born and Red thinks it's ready to meet everyone." Everyone nodded, agreeing with the ginger.

"Are you guys finished with the berries?" Max asked looking towards the small group of girls. They all nodded and tighter their grip on the baskets.

"Then let's go." He said with a smile as they calmly walked back to camp.

~~~○~~~

Once at camp everyone seemed to be on edge. Adam was guarding the entrance to the medicine den his sword sheathed on his hip.

The girls and Ross walked over to the food storage den and poured their berries into a large basket, putting their smaller ones by it.

Ross came out of the den and sat at the entrance of his home. Max sat down next to him, setting his bow aside. "Did you guys catch anything?" He asked soflty.

Max shook his head. "We were supposedly following a deer but Tim came running through the forest, possibly scaring it away and told him Red was in the middle of labor."

Ross nodded, flicking his tail slightly. "I hope Red is okay." Ross said soflty.

~~~○~~~

No one really went in and out of came for the next few days. Everyone needed to be at camp just in case something attacked.

Nothing ever did and soon Adam moved away from his post.

Ross was currently laying in the shade of a old oak tree, the sun being too hot on his fur. He flickered open his eyes and saw the purple fur of his friend.

He awoke fully and stretched, soon standing up. Red soon followed, clearly tired and worn out, his body movements showed signs of fatigue but a smile showed on his face.

Ross walked closer, a small crowd forming around the two. Each of the males had a small little bundle in their arms. "Twins." Ross breathed out as he got closer.