Chapter. 14

Your vision suddenly came back, and as the ship crashed, the field that kept Lapis imprissioned  went down.
"C'mon Lapis, we can make it, lets get out of here befo-"
"Stop!" Lapis interrupted, her voice stern.
The ship exploded, and you were separated from Lapis. A large piece of the ship fell onto you. Luckily, it didn't injure you. It was a circular piece that only imprissioned you in darkness.
"Hello, is anyone there?!" you exclaimed, trying to break the piece that had you trapped.
"It's no use..." You mumbled, laying flat on the sand. Hopefully they find you when they clean up whatever mess is happening.
From where you were you could hear the voice of Jasper. She was going on and on about fusion. You heard Lapis' water wings. Then, you heard a gasp from who you assumed was Lapis.
"No!" you could hear Steven yell out.
"What the hell is going on?!" you exclaimed, kicking at the top of the piece. The noises kept going and going. That's when you heard gigantic footsteps of some kind.
'did the gems form Alexandrite?' you asked yourself in your head.
"I'm done being everyone's prisoner, now you're my prisoner! And I'm never letting you go!" you heard what sounded like the voice of Lapis. But she sounded, different. After that you heard screams of agony and distress followed by a loud splash from the ocean.
"Steven!" you yelled in distress.
"Shhh, I heard something..." you heard Amethyst say.
"Steven, help! I'm trapped under this thing!" you yelled, you could feel your supply of oxygen running short.
"It's coming from under there." Garnet said, picking up the piece of debris and throwing it far away.
"(y/n)!" everyone exclaimed in unison.
"I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried about you!" Steven yelled, protectively hugging you.
"What happened? Where's Lapis?" you asked, looking around confused.
"Lapis...." is all Steven said in reply.
"Yeah, Lapis! What happened to her?!" you yelled in annoyance.
"She's gone..." Garnet mumbled, looking away from you.
"Gone. Gone where?" you asked.
"She went under the ocean." Amethyst told you, placing a hand on your shoulder. That took you by surprise. Sure, she could manipulate water with hydrokenesis but... It didn't add up to you. She had her water wings now! Then again, they weren't doing a very good job of explaining.
"Okay, yeah, I get it! Why is she under the ocean though?!" You yelled at the top of your lungs.
Garnet looked at you and let out a sigh. She slowly walked towards you and placed her right hand onto your shoulder.
"Lapis fused with Jasper... Lapis dragged Jasper under the ocean with her..." Garnet explained a bit more than the rest had. Her explanation vaguely put the whole situation into perspective.
"Lapis..." is all you could say.
"I'm sorr-" Garnet started but you interrupted her with an outburst.
"Why didn't you guys stop her?!" you yelled.
"Hey, don't go blamin' this whole thing on us! Lapis wanted to go under the sea!" Amethyst yelled at you, putting her arms up in defense.
"You could've stopped her!" you yelled.
"Stop it!" Steven yelled, his gem glowing.
"Lapis is gone now. So is Jasper. Our best chance at finding either of them is finding Malachite!" Steven yelled at everyone.
"Malachite..." was what you said in reply. It's all you could say.