Chapter 83

(ZACH CALLISON REPLIED TO MY COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM. SO HERE'S AN UPDATE BECAUSE I AM CRYING AT THE MOMENT!! Feel free to follow me if you like!!!)

Steven had been extremely distant lately. He hasn't been talking to anyone, and he was always staring at his phone screen which wasn't at all like him. "Steven, I'm gonna go out with Lion for a walk, do you wanna come with me?" you asked him, hoping for him to say yes for the first time in a while. "N-No. Not right now, I'm busy," Steven replied to you, which made you groan in anger. You stayed there, watching him with an annoyed expression which painted your features. After quite some time you finally decided to give up, and went outside to take Lion for a walk.

You and Lion walked together in silence. The only noises were the both of you breathing as you walked along the sandy beach, the water occasionally wetting you slightly. As the sun began to set you heard a familiar song playing. You took your phone out of your pocket and saw that Greg was calling you. You quickly answered, happy to hear his voice after so long. "Hi, Mr. Universe!" you exclaimed into the phone happily. "Hey, (Y/n)! Come home! We're all gonna go out for a trip!" Greg told you. You hummed in agreement, "be there in 5." you replied, hanging up the phone and gesturing to Lion so he could lay on his stomach. You quickly hoisted yourself onto his back, his fur silky smooth under your touch. "Alright, Lion! Let's get to the temple quick!" you yelled out, pointing forward. You heard Lion grumble, and then the two of you were off. Lion ran at top speed, sand kicking behind the both of you as the salty sea air blew in your face.

You finally arrived at the temple, Lion panting frantically. You gave him a quick snack before running into your room and packing. They told you to pack lightly, but to be prepared. They weren't sure how long you would be gone, so they wanted to make sure you didn't leave an necessities behind. You shoved your clothes into your bag, zipping it tight. You then made your way back outside, throwing your luggage into the back of the van. "Alright! Everyone ready?" Greg asked excitedly. You climbed into the back, Garnet and the others coming in after. Garnet pulled you close to her, squishing you against her body. "Sleep, love, it'll be a while before we arrive," Garnet whispered to you, rubbing your head. You relaxed against her touch, falling into a deep sleep.

The time came when it was time to leave the van since you had arrived. You groaned, getting up out of Garnet's embrace. She smiled at you, her lips curled sweetly. You smiled back, moving your limbs around since they had fallen asleep. You wobbled as you jumped out of the van, and made your way over to Steven. He was still staring down at his phone, the worried expression still on his face. "Steven, c'mon! Let's go jump on the beds!" you cheered, running into the room and jumping up onto the closest bed to the door. You looked back to see Steven slowly walking in, he flopped down onto the bed, and stared up at his phone.

"Steven, can I talk to you?" Greg asked, leading the boy outside. You watched the two leave the room, and you relaxed into the sheets of the bed. All of you had been trying to get through to Steven. If Greg didn't help, Pearl was up next. "I hope this works, I don't know what to tell him!" Pearl exclaimed, throwing her arms into the air. You giggled at her antics. Steven suddenly rushed inside, grabbing his things and running back out. You followed him, seeing him and Greg pile into the car. "We don't get reception out here! Connie might have called me!" Steven screamed. You ran inside of the van, supportive of Steven. Greg quickly drove off once everyone was inside, and you had your phone out just in case you got any reception back as well. "Turn right!" Steven yelled, Greg followed his directions. It was obvious he was a bit stressed out.

"Finally!" you sighed loudly, falling onto Lion who slept on the floor of the temple. Lion purred in contentment, and you felt your body warm up. Steven had gotten his reception, and saw that he had no calls or texts from Connie. You all had convinced him to let it go for a while, and he's been less tense ever since. "I'm sorry for ignoring you." Steven mumbled, taking a seat next to you. Lion's purring grew louder. "It's fine. I understand that you're worried about Connie, I'm just glad you're back to normal," you told Steven. The both of you embraced each other in a happy hug, Lion cuddling around the both of you. His paws were on top of the both of you, preventing you from escaping his grasp.

"Goodnight, sleep tight. Don't let the gem monsters bite,"