Chapter 85

You and Steven had spent a few hours making the bathroom as comfortable as possible for Peridot. She spent all day moping around, talking about Lapis. She missed her dearly, and it pained her to see her go. "Alrighty, Peri, it's all done," you announced, letting the small gem walk inside. Peridot hopped into the bathtub, and covered herself with one of the blankets you provided to her. "Turn off the light please," she sighed, rolling onto her side. You looked over at Steven who nodded his head, and two of you shut off the lights, closed the door, and allowed her to sulk.

"How is she doing?" Amethyst asked you, setting down a plate of random food in front if her. "She's doing better, I guess," you replied, gagging as she ate a raw fish. "Let's take her out somewhere. That usually makes people feel better," she said, eating cookie dough. "Where would we even take her?" Steven asked Amethyst, lowering the volume on the TV. You gasped, hopping up from your seat, "the kindergarten!" you suggested. Steven and Amethyst nodded, in a matter of seconds Steven was running down the hall to get Peridot.

"(Y/n) suggested this?" Peridot asked as the four of you sat on the train. The three of you nodded your heads. "They have no idea what they're doing," she added. You gasped, lunging at Peridot. "No!" Amethyst and Steven yelled, holding you down. "I just wanna talk to her!" you growled.

When the four of you arrived at the kindergarten Peridot began telling you so many facts that your head hurt. However, the facts always connected to Lapis in some way. Steven had suggested gardening, and Peridot hesitantly accepted. "Do you think this'll work?" you asked Steven as you all hopped onto the warp pad to get supplies. "If that small flower can grow out of all of this, then I'm sure we can grow something too," Steven replied. Typical Steven, always able to see the bright side even in the worst of situations.

The gardening had been going great. It really brightened up Peridot's mood. She was more talkative, and she was so much more pleasant. "I want to thank you for helping me," Peridot suddenly told you, pulling you away from Steven and Amethyst. Her cheeks were dusted a deep green, and you smiled happily down at her. "It's no problem, Peri, I'd do anything for you." you replied, embracing her in a tight hug. Peridot gasped, hugging you back after quite some time. "I-" before Peridot could say anything else, you heard the gasps of Steven and Amethyst. When you saw the source of the commotion, you also gasped followed by Peridot. "How did this happen?!" Peridot screamed, running towards the destroyed garden. "There's no way this all happened overnight!" Amethyst added. You walked behind Peridot, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. She retreated into your side, and sobbed quietly.

The ground suddenly shook, and a hideous gem monster emerged from the dirt, the flower from before atop it's head. "Peridot! Watch out!" you yelled, pushing her out of the way, the monster landing a deviating attack on you. Your head collided with a nearby rock, and everything went black.