Chapter. 28

When you and Steven were finally ready you both looked over each other's outfits.
"How does it look?" you asked. You were wearing an outfit similar to the one Steven wears. Steven gave you one of his shirts, and you put on a pair of black shorts with salmon colored converse.
"You look so cool!" Steven happily shouted.
"What about me?" Steven asked.
"You look awesome!" you happily yelled back.
"Awkward sibling hug, despite us not really being siblings?" you asked.
"Awkward sibling hug, despite us not really being siblings." Steven confirmed. The two of you embraced each other in a warm hug.
"Pat. Pat." you both exclaimed in the weirdest voices possible.
When all was said and done you could hear everyone calling the both of you.
You and Steven walked out, and greeted Greg and Connie. The two of them gave you and Steven a hug. Connie smiled brightly as she handed the two of you a gift. Steven was given a cute button up shirt. You were given a picture of you and Steven. It was the day when Steven was teaching you how to play the ukulele. The picture frame was decorate with stars and gems that resembled one from each of the gems. Including, Ruby and Sapphire.
"Connie! Thank you so much! It's amazing... I don't know what to say except: thank you!" you said, embracing Connie in a tight hug which she gladly returned.
"I've been meaning to ask," Connie started. "How old you are you guys today?" Connie asked.
"Were both 14, but, I'm older than Steven by a few seconds," you replied. Connie went wide-eyed, as she spit out her juice in surprise.
"You're both 14?! But I'm 12 and three quarters!" Connie exclaimed, gripping some of her hair.
"Steven, how did you not tell Connie how old we were?!" you yelled, laughing a bit.
"The topic never came up!" Steven yelled in defense.
The three of you looked around at each other, and began to laugh almost instantly at how hilarious the situation was.
"Steven and (y/n). Would you mind going back into the barn?" Pearl asked, smiling at you.
"No problem, Pearl!" you cheerfully replied. Pearl blushed a bit as the two of walked into the barn.
"No," you heard Garnet say as you were closing the barn door.

"Hey, Steven?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I ask you something?" you asked, pacing around the barn.
"Sure," Steven replied "what is it?"
"Is it just me or is Pearl acting... different?" you asked.
"It's not just you. I noticed too. And, so is Garnet." Steven answered. You nodded your head and placed a finger on your chin.
"Do you know anything?" you asked. Steven avoided eye contact, and didn't answer you.
"Steven?" you asked.
"I know something... I'm not sure if it's helpful..." Steven mumbled.
"Well, tell me!" you exclaimed, looking at Steven in the eyes.

"Garnet is jealous,"