Chapter 91

You and Steven were walking along the boardwalk, Steven talking about how spontaneous the events that have been occurring are. You both couldn't fathom how crazy times have been, but you knew deep down the worst was yet to come.

"Wait, how is the Big Donut still open?" Steven asked you, making you shrug in response.

"Maybe someone broke in?!" you suddenly gasped, the both of you carefully walking inside. You stood in front of Steven, blocking him with your arm.

As you made your way inside the familiar chime of the bell welcomed you, along with a smiling Garnet. She was wearing a Big Donut uniform and serving another customer before you.

"I have so many questions! Are times really that tough?" Steven questioned, Garnet shook her head.

"This isn't about making ends meet, this is about being spontaneous!" she explained, confusing the two of you even further. She took a coffee cup and poured it onto the counter, beginning to explain the pools of possibility.

"So, you want to do stuff you don't usually do to see what happens?" you asked, staring at the dripping liquid.

"I knew you'd understand, love,"

*****

You watched in astonishment and a bit of disappointment as Steven and Garnet began ordering 20 pizzas and had them delivered to Fish Stew Pizza. You tried to reason with them, but they weren't having it.

"What is happening today?" you asked yourself, following them as they made their way to pick up their outrageous order.

After they obtained the order they began giving them away, which was the one (kinda) normal thing they've done all day. You assisted, giving some pizza to a few of the people you've come to know.

After you all had given away all the pizza, leaving one remaining. Steven decided it best to deliver the last pizza to Vidalia.

"That's a good idea, she must be upset after her son was taken by those Homeworld Gems," Garnet replied to Steven's idea.

"Uh, Vidalia is Onion's mom, Lars is the one that got taken to space," you clarified.

"I must be thinking of a different timeline,"

*****

"Please, no," you begged as Steven and Garnet discussed how they were going to deliver the pizza to Vidalia.

"This day would be much more fun if you were joining us, love," Garnet spoke, a bright smile on her face. Why did she have to be so charming?

You thought about it for a second, then sighed a defeated sigh. "I guess I'll join in, what's the worst that can happen?"

Upon your arrival at Vidalia's house, you were about to knock when Steven suddenly shouted her name.

"In the garage!" you heard her faintly reply.

You all ran to the garage, suddenly bursting in, striking random poses.

"We got pepper flakes and we're not afraid to use 'em!" Steven yelled out.

Vidalia hid behind one of her paintings as means of protection, but let her guard down once she realized she was safe.

"(Y/n)? Steven? What are you guys doing? Trying to scare me to death?" she questioned, dusting herself off as she stood.

"I was forced,"

"Sorry, we were just trying to deliver you pizza in the most unlikely way possible, want a slice?"