Chapter. 56

Garnet looked at you in obvious confusion.
"(y/n), gems and humans... They can't fuse." Garnet explained.
This took you by surprise.
"Well, have any ever tried?" you asked. Garnet nodded.
"Once. Greg and Rose."
That took you by surprise. Nobody ever told you about that.
"I'm going to assume it didn't work." you said in reply.
"In a way it did..."
"Then, why not try?"
Garnet smiled, a chuckle following after.
"I knew you'd say that," Garnet replied. You stood up and walked into the living room. Garnet followed after you.
"Don't be disappointed when this doesn't work." Garnet said. You nodded your head and the two of you began to dance.
"Wait!" you suddenly exclaimed, pulling away from Garnet.
You grabbed your phone and started playing a song.

(you should play the song)

Garnet took your hands and the two of you started rocking back and forth. Garnet had her left hand on your waist and her right holding your hand. You had your left hand around Garnet's neck and your right hand was locked with Garnet's.
After some time Garnet spun you around and dipped you. She quickly pulled you up and held you in the air. She placed you back on the ground. You looked up at Garnet with a wide smile. You planted a kiss on her lips and when you pulled away she once again dipped you.
"I love you, more than you can possibly imagine." she told you.
"I love you too." you said in reply.
Garnet pulled you back up and the two of you went back to your original positions. This time, when Garnet spun you, you spun outwards. The two of you kept your hands locked together. Garnet spun you back towards her and the two of you laughed.
"This isn't working, is it?" you laughed, tears streaming down your face.
"I told you, a human and a gem can't fuse."
"It was worth a shot. Even if we weren't able to fuse."
Despite not being able to fuse, the two of you grew closer that day. Garnet had never seen this path, but one day, the two of you just might be able to fuse. She hoped the path to get to that point wouldn't happen.
The love you have for eachother is one that even Ruby and Sapphire can tell was a match made in heaven. Some say that Garnet is made of love so she can't possibly love anyone besides herself. Garnet can love someone else. That person just so happens to be (y/n).