Chapter. 40

"This is great..." you mumbled, looking outside the barn at the rubies that were gathered around.
"It's okay, I have a plan." Garnet replied as she unfused.
"Ruby! Sapphire!" Steven yelled, running over to hug them. They hug back, and Sapphire plants a kiss on Ruby's cheek.
"I'm gonna go and distract those other rubies!" Ruby announced.
"Good luck," you said, smiling at her. Ruby and Sapphire giggled, looked at each other, nodded, and made their way over to you.
Ruby planted a kiss on your left cheek, and Sapphire kissed you on your right cheek.
"Just 'cause we aren't Garnet right now doesn't mean we don't love you," they stated in unison. Your face turned a dark red, and they both chuckled.

You sighed as you put on a baseball outfit Steven had given you to borrow.
"Are we actually doing this?" you asked.
"Yep!" Steven cheerily replied, putting his hat on his head.
"Does this look alright?" Sapphire asked, stepping over to you.
"I-It... you look a-amazing!" you nervously blurted out, your face heating up.
"Awh, are you alright, love?" Sapphire asked, giggling.
"Hehe, so you're the one who came up with it?" You asked Sapphire. She nodded in confirmation.
"Ruby insisted we call you 'babe'." Sapphire replied.
"I'd enjoy either one." you said, kissing Sapphire.

As you and the other gems stepped outside you were greated by a, somewhat, fierce looking team of rubies.
"You think we can take 'em?" Amethyst asked you, nudging your side. You smirked and looked down at Amethyst.
"For sure." you replied, giving Amethyst a high-five.
"Hey, love!" Sapphire suddenly yelled, getting in between you and Amethyst. You could tell by her voice that Sapphire was... Nervous?
"You okay, sweetie?" you asked, holding Sapphire's hand in yours.
"Now I am..." she mummbled. You giggled and the set-up for the game began.

The game was almost over and the rubies were winning by a couple points.
"Crap," you mummbled under your breath.
"Sapphire, you're up." Pearl nervously said. Sapphire nodded her head and began walking up to home plate.
"Keep your eye on the ball." you said, trying to get her to play... Better.
"I will." she replied.
When Sapphire got up to home you could see how nervous your team was. Everyone except Lapis seemed to be on edge.
The pitcher pitched the ball, a flaming ball to be exact. Sapphire let out a loud yell and knocked the flaming ball out of the area, full force. Nobody was able to see the ball and Sapphire quickly ran around the plates.
"Run to me!" Ruby yelled, her arms out for Sapphire. Sapphire happily ran towards Ruby and the two of them jumped into a hug. Fusing into Garnet when they made contact.
"Oh hell..." you mummbled, hitting your face with the palm of your hand. The rubies saw this and began to fuse. When they fused a gigantic ruby was formed and the fusion yelled in your face.
"Where is she?!" they yelled, spit flying onto your faces.
"Okay, first off, rude. Secondly, you're going to have to be spec-"
"Jasper!" they yelled at you. Rudely interrupting your sentence.
"J- Jasper?"
"N-Neptune!" Steven suddenly chimed in. "Jasper is on Neptune!"
"Neptune?" you questioned to Steven in a whisper. Steven laughed a nervous laugh and shrugged his shoulders.
To your surprise, the rubies unfused and made their way to Neptune. The ship flew off into the sky and you watch in confusion.
"Rubies aren't the brightest gems..." you mummbled. A shadow engulfed your body and you knew it was Garnet.
"Is that so, babe?" Garnet questioned, a smirk on her face.
"Oh, be quiet and give me a kiss." you giggled.
"My pleasure." Garnet replied, swooping you off of your feet and kissing you passionately.
Pearl cleared her throat and Garnet released her hold on you.
"Y'know, Ruby and Sapphire kinda ruined the plan cause they couldn't stop loving eachother for
5 seconds..." you mummbled, making everyone laugh

(this chappie was kinda terrible. ANYWAYS, I am terrible at nicknames and I've never been in a relationship. Soooooo, comment nicknames you'd like Garnet to call you or nicknames you would like to call Garnet.)