Chapter. 65

"Steven let's go on a walk!!" you yelled. Steven shook his head no.
"Connie and I have training today." he replied.
"Oh, okay..." you mumbled, walking out of the house. You noticed the fry shop and got an idea.
"Hi, Peedee." you smiled.
"Hello, (y/n)." Peedee replied.
"Wanna go to Funland?" you questioned, gesturing to the amusement park.
"You know I can't. Today I have to close up shop." Peedee replied. You sighed and waved goodbye.

"Sadie, what's up?" you questioned, leaning on the counter.
"Nothing much. Selling donuts. School. The usual." Sadie smiled, taking a sip of some coffee.
"Do you wanna go to the beach?" you asked. Sadie laughed a bit.
"No thanks. Leaving Lars here would be like leaving a toddler on their own." Sadie told you.
"Would not!!" Lars yelled, irritated. The usual.
Silence filled the room.
"Let me ask you something, (y/n)." Lars told you. You nodded for him to continue.
"Why do you hang out with those alien chicks?" Lars asked you, taking a big bite from a donut.
"You mean the gems?"
"Yeah sure, whatever."
"They're my family." you replied.
"Hah, weird family you've got.." Lars laughed. Sadie punched his arm.
"Stop being rude!!"
Once again, silence.
"So, what grade are you going into?" Sadie asked you, hoping to break the tension.
"Oh, I don't go to school." you replied.
"Why not?"
"The gems teach me all I need to know." you replied.
"Ooo, alien teachers." Lars teased. You groaned and clenched your fist.
"I have to go."
"Oh, well it was nice seeing you (y/n)."
"You too, Sadie. Wish I could say the same for Lars.

You somehow managed to wander off into the woods. The sun was starting to go down and you grew worried for you had no idea where you were.
You heard a howl in the distance and the rustling of leaves.
"Onion, i-is that you...?" you stumbled back and fell down into a pit. From what you could tell you were covered head-to-toe in thick, black mud.
"Son of a-"
You were interrupted by a loud growl.
"Oh wow, this is how I die..." you whispered, tears starting to spill. It was at that moment you heard a familiar chuckle.
"Amethyst, give it up. I know it's you," you groaned, wiping away some tears.
"You should've seen your face!!" she yelled, sliding down into the pit with you.
"Yeah, hilarious..." you groaned, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms.
"Don't get all butt-hurt. We were all in on it." Amethyst told you. Behind her Garnet, Pearl, and Steven appeared.
"There's limits for jokes. That crossed the line." you huffed. Garnet came behind you and wrapped her arms around your waist.
"Sorry, Love. We just couldn't resist. I'll make it up to you later."