Chapter. 55

Finally, a relaxing day. No gems to fight. No missions. No disturbances.
The temple was quiet. It seemed far too quiet but you liked it.
There was a knock on the door and you made your way over.
"Hey, Connie!" you happily greeted, opening the door.
"Hello, (y/n)!"
"I didn't know there was training today," you told Connie.
"There isn't. Steven invited me over so we could all hang out." Connie explained. You nodded your head and walked to the room.
"Steven! Connie is here!" you yelled at him. Steven shot up from his game and ran to Connie.
"Hey, Connie!" Steven happily yelled.
"Hey, Steven." Connie giggled.

The three of you were outside, dancing to some music.
"(y/n)! Come dance with me!" Steven yelled. You happily accepted his offer and started dancing with him. The two of you locked hands and spun eachother around. Steven twirled you then dipped you. The two of you giggled. You noticed Steven's gem was glowing? Your vision went black.
"No way!" Connie suddenly yelled. You could hear how excited she was.

((f/n) means fusion name)

"What happened?" (f/n) asked themselves.
"Steven!"
"(y/n)?!"
"What happened?!"
"I-I... I think we fused!" (f/n) yelled, holding their head in disbelief.
"We should tell the gems!" they yelled.
"I can't believe it! You two look so cool!" Connie yelled, following the both of you to the temple.

"(y/n) and Steven fused!" Connie yelled, opening the door to the temple. Everyone quickly stood up and made their way to the both of you.
Garnet seemed so excited yet disappointed. Pearl was in shock and Amethyst was trying to come up with a name for the two of you.
"I can't believe it! I- we! We fused! This is amazing! I can't believe it! Look at my clothes! Look at my hair! This is so cool!" (f/n) yelled. They were freaking out. Their breathing quickened.
"Calm down," Garnet said, cupping her right hand onto their left cheek.
"Why does this feel so weird?" they asked Garnet.
"Because, it's an entirely unique experience." Garnet replied. (f/n) nodded their head.
"Go have some fun with this new form," Garnet told them. (f/n) smiled and nodded their head once more.
"Let's go to the beach!"
"And the arcade!"
"Let's get some donuts!"
"The movies!"
They seemed so excited.
"Mind if I tag along?" Connie asked.
"Of course, Connie!" they smiled, picking Connie up in their arms

"It had to be a scary movie..." Connie mummbled, taking a sip of her drink.
"Well, Steven and I- I mean, I like scary movies." (f/n) told Connie.
About 20 minutes into the movie there was a loud jumpscare. This started (f/n) and they ended up unfusing.

"Freedom!" you yelled, letting out a deep breath. Many of the people around you shushed you. You blushed in embarrassment.
"Wow, that was so cool!" Steven yelled. "Being (f/n) with you is so much different than being Stevonnie."
One again, the people near you, and some further away, shushed you.
"Let's get out of here." Connie suggested.
"The ghost is actually the spirit of the guys dead friend! In the end The friend finds peace and everything is solved!" you yelled as the three of you walked out. The theatre erupted in anger.

Later that night you were scrolling through some pictures Connie took of (f/n).
"So that's what we looked like?" you whispered, a small smile creeping on your face.
"What are you still doing awake, Love?" Garnet asked, walking into the quiet room.
"Thinking..." you replied, setting the phone down.
"About?"
"Fusion." you replied.
"What about it?" Garnet asked with a smirk.
"It... It felt so wrong but at the same time it felt... Awesome! I felt like I was stronger, more confident. I felt like myself but at the same time I wasn't. Steven was more in control but at times I was in control... I was someone and I didn't know who. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of things I wasn't... It was exhausting!"
"That's fusion for you." Garnet replied.
An awkward silence filled the air.
"Garnet," you said, looking up at her.
"Yes, Love?"
"Fuse with me."

(comment the name of your fusion!)