Chapter. 49

The following day you were woken up by footsteps. You slowly opened your eyes and saw Steven pacing around your room, his hands behind his back.
"Morning, Steven..." you groggily said, rubbing your eyes tiredly. Steven's attention quickly shot over to you and he ran to your side. A small limp following his run.
"(y/n), you're okay!" Steven yelled, hugging you as if it was the last time he would ever see you again.
"Yeah, I'm feeling better. What about you? How are you feeling?" you asked, tracing your hand over one of the cuts on Steven's arm.
"I've been better," Steven replied, looking at the part of your face that was burnt.
"I'm sorry..." Steven mummbled, looking at the floor.
"Steven, don't apologize... There's no need.."
Steven didn't answer. You could tell he felt guilty.
"Steven, how about when I get out of here we go get some donuts, fry bits and whatever the heck you want. Then, we're gonna go to the arcade and play games till we can't feel out hands. How does that sound?"
You could see the smile creeping onto Steven's face.
"I'm gonna take that as a yes."

"I'm going to need you to remove your shirt so I can replace your bandages." Dr.M told you. You nodded your head and looked over at Steven.
"Sorry, Steven... You're gonna have to leave the room for a bit."
"I get it, I get it." Steven told you, walking out of the room.
Dr.M started to take off the bandages that were on you. They were stained in blood. She threw the old bandages in the waste bin then made her way over to you.
"Does it hurt when I touch here?" she asked, applying pressure to your chest area. You groaned in pain and nodded your head.
"I figured it would, your chest area is all bruised up." she told you. You looked down and saw she wasn't kidding.
"I'm going to have the nurse give you two pain killers in the morning, afternoon and evening. It'll help cut down the pain and swelling." Dr.M said. You nodded your head and winced a bit as she placed another set of bandages onto your chest, arms and legs.
"Is there anything you need?" she asked, writing down some boys in her clipboard.
"No." you replied, laying back down on the bed. She nodded and walked out.

A group of people walked into the room. You smiled at all of them.
"Wow, when Steven told me you looked pretty bad I didn't believe him all that much. Seeing you now though..."
Garnet hit Greg on the side of his head.
"She looks beautiful." Garnet sternly said, looking down at Greg.
"F-Flawless."
The room erupted into laughter.
"Hey, (y/n). I brought you an extra change of clothes." Amethyst told you, handing you a bag.
"Thanks, Ame." you replied, smiling down at the purple gem.
"(y/n)!" you suddenly heard a familiar voice yell.
"Connie!" you happily yelled back.
"When Steven told me what happened I was so worried!" Connie yelled, hugging you.
You felt happy, so many people came to see you. Even Sadie!
"Steven told me about what happened so, I brought you your favorite type of donut!" Sadie had told you.

At last, the sun went down. Everyone had left. Everyone except Garnet.
"Y'know," Garnet started "seeing everyone hugging you and loving you like that made me feel pretty jealous." she chuckled, kissing you lightly.
"Seeing you get all touchy with Bismuth made me jealous," you replied, giggling.
"Bismuth? I've never heard of anyone named Bismuth."
You smiled.
Garnet smiled back.
"Time for your medication!" the nurse chimed.
"Can I help her with it?" Garnet asked. The nurse nodded in confirmation and gave Garnet the pills and water.
"Open up, love." Garnet told you. You giggled and closed your mouth shut. Garnet frowned.
"Don't make me force you to take it..." Garnet sang. You turned your head opposite to where she was standing.
"Didn't anyone tell you what I almost did to the woman in the waiting room?" Garnet questioned, a smirk on her face. You we're stunned. One of the nurses had told you what happened but you didn't dare believe it.
You opened your mouth.
"See, love. Was that so hard?" she asked you as you took a drink of the water.
"Very,"