Chapter 81

Every now and again you would go through Lion to visit Steven, promising not to tell the gems no matter how much you protested. "Love, how are you holding up?" Garnet asked you, wrapping her arms around you as you did some research. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?" you questioned, looking away from your laptop. "You've been quiet lately. It isn't like you to be this distant, and I just wanted to make sure you're okay," she told you, hugging you tightly. You snuggled into the warmth of her body, a content sigh coming from your lips. "Tonight we're all going on a mission to look for Steven, we're going to explore some of the major places we haven't searched yet. Would you like to come this time?" she asked you, repositioning herself so that she was sitting next to you on the couch. You froze, "uhm, n-no, I think I'll just stay here," you nervously breathed out, trying not to meet her gaze. Garnet nodded, getting up from her seat on the couch. "I love you. Don't stay up too late," she told you, walking into her room. "I love you too," you mumbled to yourself. When you knew that she was gone you quickly pulled off the blanket that was over you, revealing your clothes that you decided to wear. You grabbed your bag and slipped on some shoes, then ran out of the front door to find Lion. "(Y/n)!" you heard the voice of Connie yell. You quickly turned around to be met with the bright smile on her face. "C-Connie!" you gasped, trying your best to act natural. "What are you doing here?" you questioned nervously, praying for Lion to come save you. "I came to accompany the gems on the mission to find Steven. Pearl said you've been too distraught about this entire situation to leave the house," Connie suddenly gasped. "Are you going to come with us?!" she cheered excitedly. You shook your head lightly, your heart beat quickening. "N-No. I have to go do something... Gotta go bye!" you blurted out, running away from her. You left her there with a confused look, and she made her way inside without another word.

"They're on another search for you," you told Steven, sitting next to Fluorite. "Really?" Steven questioned as he played a game of Uno with the twins. "Yeah, they're really, really worried about you Steven.." you paused, "I think you should come home now. It's been too long..." you told him, biting your lip. Steven shook his head, "I don't know. It's just... I really don't wanna leave Lars here all alone," Steven told you. His words made Lars straighten up from his spot, a confused look on his face. "Steven, you really don't have to worry about me. I'm fine! I mean, I died but you brought me back! I doubt I can die again," Lars spoke, making various gestures. Steven sighed in defeat, pondering his options for a while. He then looked up at you, a bright smile painting his face.

"Let's go home."