Chapter. 25

It's been a few days since Peridot explained the whole situation. You all faught over who was going to be in charge of doing what. In the end Peridot and Pearl had to work on the drill together. Which they, of course, despised.
"Steven, (y/n). You two are in charge of... Erm," Pearl wasn't sure what to have the two of you do.
"The two of you including Amethyst can hammer this piece of metal for us." Garnet piped in.
"I don't get how that's going to help... but I'll do it!" Steven happily yelled, taking the metal piece from the hands of Garnet.

After a full days worth of work. The drill had made great progress. You took your phone from your pocket and checked the time.
"It's almost midnight." you said, yawning a few seconds after.
"The barn is too far from the temple to take you two home. I suppose it'll be best if you two sleep in the barn," Pearl suggested. Garnet nodded in agreement.
"Is that okay with the two of you?" Garnet questioned. You and Steven looked each other in the eyes and locked hands.
"Slumber party!" you and Steven yelled, stars in your eyes.
"I'll take that as a yes," Garnet said, a small smile on her face.

You had finally gotten yourselves settled. You slept in a (f/c) sleeping back, and Steven slept in a yellow one. In the background you could hear crickets, a few birds, the loud pounding of hammers, and the sparks coming from the torch.
"Man, it sure is loud," Steven said, attempting to make small talk since the two of you weren't able to sleep.
"Yep." you replied.
"What now?"
"We sleep I guess," you replied.