Chapter. 23

(woooo! Today is the start of Summer of Steven!!)

Finally, after a very, very long time of attempting to get Peridot out of the bathroom. You finally did it! Although, you kinda wish she was back inside...
"Is this a weapon?!" Peridot yelled, holding up a knife.
"a-actually, it can be!" you yelled, nervously taking the 'weapon' from Peridot.
"But," Steven started "you can also use it for cooking!"
"Cooking?" Peridot questioned, cocking an eyebrow.  "what's cooking?"
"Cooking is how humans, animals, and Amethyst. Get their energy. It also keeps us alive." you tried to explain to Peridot.
"That doesn't make sense. Gems get their energy... well, from their gems!" Peridot exclaimed, tapping her own gem.
"I know, Peridot. The thing is, humans and gems... We're entirely different species that get energy and other things from totally different sources." you replied. Peridot gave a slight nod and hummed in response. You assumed this meant she understood what you were trying to say.
"(y/n), Steven... I have some... information that I'd like to share with you." Peridot spoke, slowly. She sounded unsure of herself. However, anything she had to say was crucial if it meant the destruction of whatever life-threatening monster was being made inside the Earth.
"What is it, Peridot?" you asked
"It's about," Peridot started which was followed by a dramatic pause, "the cluster."