Daddy Dearest

"Sapphire go and train with Chad. He wants to see your skills before he takes you with," Drake said before dismissing me. I ran down the stairs and out the front door. I rushed through the gavel courtyard and into the gym. I found a man with brown hair and blue eyes hitting a punching bag. I jumped as the punching bag broke off the chain flying across the room.

"You must be Sapphire I'm Chad," he said breathing heavily.

"So you wanted to see me," I said with a smile. He grabbed my arm with one quick move pinning me to the floor. I winced as my back hit the unforgiving wood floor. "Thanks for the warning."

"In the field you won't get a heads up," he snapped gripping my throat. I took a deep breath and swing my arm knocking his hands away before kicking him off me. I scrambled to my feet quickly with such persuasion. I made careful movements as to not be detected as faster than everyone.

"What can't keep up?" I smirked as he glared at me. He rushed towards me exposing his side. I swing my leg knocking him to the ground with ease. He hit the ground eyes wide with shock. "You expose your side when you charge at people."

"Why has no one told me?" He asked as I laughed.

"It's not super obvious I just was trained by my parents to analyze movements," I said offering my hand. I pulled him up as he smiled at me.

"We should be able to take the Gemini no problem," he said causing my smile to falter slightly.

"Yeah," I said pulling my hair up.

"What's wrong with killing them? They are dangerous," he asked as I sighed.

"I don't think they are dangerous or we would already know where they are," I said looking into his eyes. He looked at me with an unreadable emotion before walking over to his gym bag. He pulled out a gun handing it to me.

"Aim at the target," he said motioning to a paper on the wall across the gym. I held my arms out straight my eyes fixed on the target. I fired three rounds into the target all of them hitting the center. I shrugged handing the gun back. "Oh shit I might be out of a job."

"Yeah right. My father would never allow that," I said softly.

"Do you always do what your father says?" Chad asked as I nodded.

"Yes I do. I only joined the guard division to protect him," I whispered as Chad's eyes locked onto mine.

"Why did he threaten your parents?" Chad asked confusion evident on his face.

"He killed my mother and said I had to join the guard. I decided if he was going to make me join I should protect the only family I have left," I said tears pooling in my eyes.

"He killed her for no reason?" Chad asked as I looked at him.

"He thought she knew where the Gemini Lycans were," I gasped as his eyes softened. "She didn't know anything!" I felt guilty for lying to Chad but I had to make everyone believe I knew nothing.

"Are you sure? Drake wouldn't just attack a member without cause," Chad asked causing me to walk away.

"We're done for now!" I snapped harshly before walking back into the main house. I stopped when I heard hushed conversation. I spotted Danielle and my father standing outside. I walked along the edge of the building until I was within earshot.

"I had to give Drake a name. He was getting suspicious where I got my information. The books you gave us were very helpful in figuring out how to find the boy," Danielle said as my father smiled at her.

"Anything for my girl," he said as my heart dropped. She was his daughter and he betrayed my entire family. I felt tears rushing down my face as I watched them talk. He betrayed mom and increased the odds that I would get killed. He clearly doesn't care about my brother.

"How could you look me in the eyes and lie to me?!" I gasped causing them both to spin on me.

"Sapphire," my dad gasped but I silenced him with a glare before facing Danielle.

"And you! Why wouldn't you tell me that we were sisters?!" I gasped with pain filling my eyes.

"Sapphire I wanted to tell you but Drake made me promise if he spared you. I told him not to hurt you but he needed a reason," Danielle said her eyes begging me to listen. I glared at my father who had broken my trust in the worst way possible. I trusted him with my life only for him to prove how little he cares about his children. The only one that matters to him was Danielle. It pained me so much to see what love I hadn't thought was missing now clearly missing.

"Don't you see you are putting me at risk? They are sending me after the Gemini Lycans," I snapped unsure how much he told Danielle.

"I know I'm sorry but Danielle needed help. The Gemini are a threat to her status," my father said which just infuriated me. I slapped his across the face before walking inside. I walked right past Drake who grabbed my arm quickly.

"You're upset what happened?" He asked and I could see right through his fake concern. He just wanted to tap me for more information that I was never going to give him. The only value I held for him was leverage in a senseless war against the Gemini Lycans.

"Don't act like you care you killed my mom," I snapped pulling away from him before making my way up the stairs and into the study. I sat at the desk pulling out the picture of my brother. He looked so much like me. Same blonde hair same chocolate eyes. He was the only thing that matters anymore. I was going to find him no matter what, I was going to save my brother at any cost even if it cost me my life.