Month 8

I stood in the nursery thinking of Tony. I still was unsure what I was looking for with regards to our relationship. I found myself think of the fact that even through everything I still care about Nathan but I find myself caring less the more time I spend with Tony.

"Hey Sis you okay?" Josh asked as I faced him.

"Yeah I was just thinking. I find it easier to think in the babies' room," I said with a small smile.

"Alright," he said placing his hand on my belly. "How my nieces or nephews doing?"

"They are actively kicking my bladder," I smirked when I heard chanting. I pulled away looking out the window as a thin veil encircled the house. I froze seeing Nathan leading the chant.

"Who is it?" Josh asked when I faced him. Tears slipped down my face as the sting of betrayal spread across my face. "He wouldn't!" Josh said rushing to the window. He stopped cold as his eyes landed on Nathan who was happy.

"Call Sam!" I ordered knowing the only people here to help are the guards inside the house.

"Why?" Josh asked as I gave him a look that says it all. "Damn it Sapphire tapping into their magic could kill you!"

"Josh if he enters the house he will kill us and risk the babies. These babies aren't ready to be born yet!" I growled making my way down the stairs. "Tony we got big problems!"

"The witches chanting outside were a hint," Tony said handing me a gun. "Go upstairs and lock yourself in your bedroom!"

"Tony our only chance is for me to tap into the babies' power," I said as he frowned.

"I can't say that I like this but I can't see a better way," Tony sighed walking toward the window. I made my way toward the door before deciding to call him. I walked over to Tony grabbing his phone dialing the only number I know by heart.

"Sapphire I'm not letting you keep the children around a bunch of mutts," Nathan said as if they were in danger.

"Nathan don't do this. I found out that if I get stressed it could kill all three of us!" I begged tears building in my eyes.

"I don't believe you Sapphire!" He snapped causing me to hang up and make my way to the window. I pulled it open lining up the shot. I stared at the man I loved as he continued to chant my hands shaking. I knew I had to shoot him but I found myself unable to pull the trigger because after everything he has done I love him. I gasped as the babies kicked hard, harder than I'm used to.

"Sapph," Tony said watching my internal struggle. "I'll do it."

"I can't do it," I sobbed as Tony lined up the shot without hesitating he squeezed the tigger. I watched as the bullet passed through the barrel flying through the air right on target. I watched as Nathan deflected the bullet sending it toward Tony. I stood there my hand out as I felt the full force of the magic as I sent the bullet into the wall next to us. I gasped nearly collapsing as Tony grabbed me. I glared at Nathan who was smirking thinking he had killed Tony.

"Sapphire stop," Tony begged when I pulled away making my way to the door. I took one last look at Tony before walking into the courtyard.

"STOP!" I growled feeling the magic building inside my body.

"Make me dog!" Nathan growled aiming a gun at my head.

"You are going to shoot me and risk the babies?!" I gasped shocked he could hate me that much.

"They are better off dead," he said as he calmly pulled the trigger. I felt a burst of energy as I send the bullet right back at him. He dove hitting the ground as the bullet whizzed above him. "No you can't be. You aren't a witch!"

"I told you to stop!" I growled as the power continued to build as my entire body started to glow. I tried to stop but it kept building as I felt myself losing control.

"Sapphire we will go just stop," a different witch said as I looked up with panic all over my face. "You can't stop!"

"I warned you to go," I sobbed as my body lifted off the ground as I tried to hold it in. "I can't hold it much longer, go!" I yelled as Nathan stood looking at me. I heard the front door open as Tony stood in front of me.

"Sapph, you can do this. You can control this," Tony said firmly as I looked at him.

"I can't," I cried as I magic started to seer my skin on my left arm.

"Think of your pack and your brother. Think of the children," Tony called up to me.

"What about you?" I gasped as he looked at me.

"If it helps think of me Sapphire," Tony whispered as I shut my eyes picturing my family as I felt the power cooling. I drifted into Tony's arms as he supported my weight. The last words I heard before passing out was "I love you Sapph."
---
I woke in my room with Josh and Tony at my bedside.

"Thank god," Tony said with a sigh of relief. I sat up looking down at my stomach.

"Are the babies okay?!" I asked as Josh nodded.

"I still hear two heartbeats," Josh said as I looked into Tony's honey eyes. I took a breath as he sat on the bed.

"I'm glad you are okay boss," Tony said giving me a quick hug before rushing from the room. I stared after him confused if I had really heard him say he loves me.

"Damn it Sapphire don't scare me like that again!" Josh exclaimed pulling me from my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I won't," I said pulling him into a hug while thinking about Tony. I wanted him but felt conflicted by the mixed signals he was giving me. I think I'm falling for my guard...