Just Go

I stood in the living room playing with Katherine and Brooke. It had been a few days since I pushed Tony out of my life for the final time and I was starting to feel more like myself. I missed him but I wasn't emotionally unstable anymore. Amber laughed as Katherine tried to tickle her. I was surprised Amber was playing with the twins as she didn't want kids but I guess she doesn't have to be there for my kids. Nathan walked into the living room scooping Brooke off the floor.

"Daddy!" She giggled as he tickled her. I felt a smile playing at my lips as Katherine lifted a book with her magic. There was a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it," Amber smiled walking toward the front door.

"Thanks Amber," I said as she pulled the door open. She shut the door stepping out onto the lawn. My interest was peaked causing me to walk into the entryway. I could hear Amber speaking as I got closer.

"Tony," Amber spoke from the front lawn. I stood near the window inside listening in needing to hear what Tony had to say to Amber.

"Amber," Tony said his eyes locked onto hers. "Can you tell me you don't love me?"

"Tony you broke Sapphire and I never once asked you to!" Amber said pointing at the house. "You knew before we kissed I didn't want kids and still we kissed. You know I love you but I don't want to be with you and I never will. I moved on and so did you. You won't let Sapphire move on which is very selfish as you can't love her. Just leave her be and go home Tony."

"I miss her. She's my best friend," Tony said earning a glare from Amber.

"She's your best friend not your wife," Amber snapped as I listened.

"Amber come back with me. I love you and I promise you won't have to deal with our child, I'll handle everything," Tony pleaded causing me to wince. Amber shook her head angrily.

"You say you love Sapphire but then you ask me to run away with you. You need to sort this shit out because you are hurting everyone involved," Amber snapped. Tony really loved her and it hurt more than it should. I found myself at the front door in seconds. I pulled the front door open as Tony's eyes widened.

"Did I ever mean anything to you? Even for a moment did you care? You are rubbing it in my face hitting on Amber in my yard!" I screamed as he looked at me.

"Sapphire I loved you," Tony said as I gave him a hard slap.

"No you don't get to lie Tony!" I growled as Amber covered her mouth in shock. "If you loved me you would have left a long time ago instead of coming here again and again.

"Sapphire I don't want to be alone," he said grabbing my hands pulling me toward him. He reached up stroking my rose covered cheek. I felt my emotional flood gates braking down as a warmth filled my stomach. I had been trying so hard to shut him out and with one touch he sent everything crumbling down around me.

"Damn you!" I said tears streaking my face as he looked into my eyes. "Why can't you let me go?"

"You are my family," he said pressing his lips to mine quickly. I froze as the kiss deepened hating how much I loved him. I found myself leaning into the kiss my hands instinctively pulling him toward me. His hands were on my waist holding me against him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Sapphire," Amber said and with my name the spell was broken as I pulled away rushing into the house locking the door.

"Nathan," I called trying desperately to keep my calm exterior but my barrier was cracked as my emotions tumbled out in the form of tears.

"What happened?" Nathan said his eyes full of concern at my state as I had turned into a puddle of tears in front of him.

"Tony kissed me and now my emotions that were locked away are tumbling out. It hurts so much that he loves her!" I said my lips trembling as Nathan looked sadly at me.

"Sapphire," Tony yelled from the front lawn banging on the door. "You can't just walk away!" Nathan stiffened before making his way to the door.

"You are destroying the one good part about your kind Tony and you don't care what she has to say! If you don't leave and stay away I'll make sure you do," Nathan said firmly sending Tony running to the car driving away. I felt Nathan's arms wrap around me as if trying to hold me together. I used to be strong enough to be without anyone but now I'm crying over a guy. When did I become so weak?
---
"Make it stop," I whispered after a few hours of sobbing in Nathan's arms as the mental exhaustion hit. I was tired and in sheer agony as Nathan looked at me.

"How?" He asked as I looked at him.

"Take my emotions please," I begged as Nathan shook his head.

"No your emotions are the only thing keeping you normal. Your emotions keep the Lycan inside at bay and they keep you from using dark magic," Nathan said softly but I didn't care if I became a Lycan forever if the pain would just stop. I had gotten over the hump when Tony kissed me starting me back at square one.

"If you won't I'll find someone who will!" I snapped harshly.

"Sapphire no witch will cross that line!" Nathan said as I looked at him. "Think of Katherine and Brooke, they need you." I knew he was right but I couldn't be much use to them in a state like this. Could I move on without Tony after I pictured growing old together. I loved him but now I needed to sever the connection if I was going to survive without him...