Deal

I sat on my bed tears streaming my cheeks as I thought of Tony. I could feel his emotions even though he was with my former pack. He was sad and hurting but it wasn't because of me he felt this pain. He had shattered every part of my life, my confidence, trust and even my ability to be an effect Alpha. I was pulled from my thoughts as Amber yelled from downstairs.

"Sapphire the council is here," Amber called as I wiped my tears away. I made sure my makeup was okay before rushing down the stairs through the hallway making my way to the front door. I greeted them shaking their hands.

"Hello," I said using my usual happy façade.

"Sapphire, I'm Wade we heard about your mate staying with the other pack and wanted to know if there was going to be any problems," Wade said concern in his green eyes as I flinched. I was hoping to keep my emotions at bay but of course this was going to be discussed I thought as sadness mixed with annoyance filled my body.

"No there won't be a problem," I said firmly unwavering keeping my face neutral not wanting to show weakness unfitting of an Alpha. Had they learned I was unstable they would strip me of my Alpha status to protect my pack no matter my connection to the pack.

"Tony said to ask you to reconsider," the man said his words ripping right into my chest.

"My answer is the same," I snapped as Amber walked toward us.

"Can I get you and your men anything?" Amber asked as he nodded.

"Water please," he said sending Amber to fetch it.

"Was that all that brought you here or was there something else. I would hate if you came all this way for something so silly," I said as he frowned.

"No we are here because of reports that a witch you know very well has returned," he said causing confusion to fill my body.

"Who?" I asked as he handed me a picture. I froze as I found myself staring into those dark eyes. The same eyes that my dark side fell in love with, Eric. "Where?"

"LA actually," he said as a lump formed in my throat.

"I'll handle this. He might come after our pack so I'll deal with him, today," I said memorizing his new face, golden hair making him look more breath taking than before. I handed the picture back before Amber returned with the drinks.

"Thank you," the man smiled as I looked at Amber.

"Can you watch the twins I have something to deal with?" I asked as she nodded. "Excuse me while I deal with Eric." I said teleporting to LA. I landed in an alley walking carefully toward the street. I reached out toward him when suddenly he passed in front of me. I was shocked as he kept walking not noticing me standing next to him. "Eric," I called causing him to face him.

"Sapphire," he gasped his eyes following my every move. "You are sad." I winced as he knew me too well, my heart was still in pieces from Tony's betrayal.

"How are you here?" I asked avoiding the obvious question.

"Another deal was made this time on my end. I made a deal to come back. The ancestors agreed as long as I didn't have access to dark magic," Eric said stepping toward me.

"Why return then? You love dark magic," I asked as he looked into my eyes.

"I came back for you Sapphire. I love you and I couldn't stand seeing you but not being able to touch you," he said stroking my cheek causing my breath to catch in my chest. I felt Tony being pushed from my mind as Eric took my hand. "I saw what he did and how hurt you were. I couldn't stand to see you in pain!"

"So you also know I still love him," I whispered looking down. He touched my chin making me face him.

"I don't care if you never love me, I will be here for you. You are my immortality," Eric said as my lips crashed against his firmly and hungrily. I felt the world melting around us as his hands wrapped around my waist. I felt my heart racing as the kiss deepened sending fire rushing through me, this time the fire had a lightness to it instead of danger. We finally pulled away breathless staring at each other. This kiss was so different this time, it was almost hypnotic the way our souls seemed to call to each other.

"Did you feel it?" I murmured as he smirked.

"I felt it. Sapphire does this mean you will allow me to love you?" Eric asked as I nodded.

"Eric I will allow it but you need to know I'm just getting over Tony. Don't hurt me like he did please," I said as he took my hand. We teleported back to my home quickly. Nathan was standing in the living room when we arrived. His eyes instantly recognized Eric as his face hardened in rage.

"How could you bring him here?!" Nathan demanded as I stepped toward him.

"I'm sorry but he is good now. He came back for me," I whispered as Nathan glared at Eric.

"He nearly killed you," Nathan exclaimed as I looked at him.

"Nathan he's better. I can feel the light inside him. His powers are different now," I said softly hoping Nathan would drop it.

"I can't stay here with him and I'm taking the twins," Nathan said and I knew that he could protect them better. People come after me all the time in anyway possible and removing them from this is the best option.

"I'll call and set up visits," was all I managed. I didn't want them to go but Nathan was strong enough to prevent harm to them. I watched as Nathan teleported away holding Katherine and Brooke. I felt Eric's arms around me without hesitation. My mind was racing filled with thousands of thoughts, thoughts of Tony, thoughts of Nathan and the twins. The most prevalent were thoughts of Eric. Could he really be good? Could I love him? These were the questions I desperately needed answered.