Two Fated Lovers

I faced Eric as he stood. I braced for the blow but nothing came. Confusion filled my body as we stood there facing each other unmoving. Niether wanted to make the first move.

"Eric what are you doing?" I asked as he looked at me clearly hurt. I felt myself caring for him but that's where my feelings end. I love Tony more than anything. Tony was all that mattered and I was going to save him from Eric.

"Trying to figure out where I went wrong. You are perfect and tailored for me. Why are you so drawn to him?" Eric said as I took a step toward him carefully planning my next words.

"The ancestors fixed me, they felt bad for tearing me from Tony. I'm not tailored for you anymore Eric," I whispered as he stiffened. I could see his emotions hardening toward me. The anger was clear in her dark gaze as he looked at me. This wasn't going to end well for anyone.

"Sapphire I have given you everything yet you chose him. I gave you a baby!" Eric growled his magic lashing out knocking me into a tree. I groaned rolling onto my side.

"Eric please," I begged for him to see reason as I lay on my side fighting back the scream in my throat. "You are better than this!"

"I was better for you but now there is no point!" Eric snapped yanking me toward him magically. I winced as his face was inches from mine. He caressed my cheek a look of grief and anger swirling in his murky eyes. I could see Nathan deep inside trying to push through.

"If you love me you would let me be happy," I said tears rushing down my face.

"The thing is a monster can't love," Eric said his voice cold lacking emotion, so cold it sent chills down my spine.

"That's why you won't touch Tony," I said softly as a burst of energy filled my body. I felt it flow through me and into Eric launching him across the field. He looked at me in shock as I floated to the ground gently. "Even if you kill me my magic will save him always!"

"What are you?" Eric snapped as a small smile played on my lips.

"A girl who loves with every inch of her being willing to give her life for her family," I said firmly as memories filled my mind, Tony and I baby shopping, the birth of the twins, finding my brother. All these memories no matter how complicated each memory was it was still a positive to me. I wouldn't change a single memory.

"I will kill you then I'll go after the twins," Eric laughed as I looked at him.

"The thing is Nathan won't let you hurt them," I snapped harshly. "Nathan you are my family but I have to protect them."

"He can't hear you," Eric smirked as I touched my forehead. I felt a rock under my foot. I grabbed it dragging it across my palm sending scarlet drops onto the grass. I flicked them onto Eric as his eyes widened.

"What once was promised will be broken," I whispered as my chest tightened. I felt the world spinning as I tumbled to the ground. The last thing I saw before everything faded was Nathan's sad grey eyes...

(Tony's POV)
I paced back and forth in the living room my mind racing. Sapphire hadn't returned yet and I was starting to worry.

"Josh can you feel her?" I asked as Josh shut his eyes.

"Her signal is weak. I can't tell if she's hurt or a long distance away," Josh said when the door flew open. I spun as Nathan walked through the door Sapphire hanging in his arms like a rag doll.

"Sapph," I gasped taking her in my arms. She wasn't moving as I held her. I rubbed her forehead as my heart cracked.

"She broke the pact," Nathan whispered as I glared at him.

"It's your fault, you couldn't handle Eric!" I growled anger rushing through me. She couldn't be dead, this can't be true. "Damn it Sapphire I love you."

"She loved you," Nathan said as I kissed her cheek. I felt a tiny movement as I looked down at her.

"Nathan she's alive," I gasped as Nathan rushed forward touching her neck.

"Put her down," Nathan ordered. I set her on the ground standing by Josh. I watched as his magic filled the room grazing my arm creating a torn circle around my bicep. I winced as it circled up her neck and around her cheek. I watched as a rose formed on her cheek followed by the stem on her neck. The thorns on my bicep was linking me to her magically.
I groaned falling to my knees trying to fight through the pain. I looked as her cheeks started pinking up. Her eyes flew open and they were violet, the same shade I fell in love with.

"Sapphire," I smiled as she sat up. I scrambled toward her wrapping my arms around her. Our lips crashed onto each other's hungrily. She wrapped her delicate arms around my neck as my hands touched her waist. I held her up as the kiss deepened sending a light through me. She was the good that made everything worth it.

"Tony," she said into my lips before continuing to wake my body with her silky touch.

"You two are welcome," Nathan said causing us to break apart.

"Thank you Nathan," Sapphire said standing to give him a hug. I felt a small spark of jealousy but I pushed it away. "Tony we are fated from the moment we met, fated to defy the odds and pull through. I love you always."

"And I love you forever," I said to her as a small thorn mark appeared on our ring fingers. She smirked at me her eyes sparkling with a happiness I so missed. She was my love, my forever, my always. I love the Alpha, Sapphire...