Power of Love

"I'll call you back," Tony said hanging up the phone. "What did you just say?"

"That I still love you," I said softly as his mouth opened to speak before he shut it. "Please say something." Tony took a step toward me.

"I love you too but I don't know what to do about it," Tony said as I walked toward him.

"I don't know what to do either!" I said firmly taking another step. We were inches apart as we looked into each other's eyes. "The one thing I'm sure of is I hate this, this pretending to hate each other." I said softly as he reached up caressing my cheek.

"I'm going to kiss you," Tony said his lips moving toward mine and as they collided a wave of electricity rushing through my body. I felt myself giving into the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Boss Eric's outside calling for Sapphire," Mark said as Tony pulled away. And just like that the spell was broken and Tony's heart hardened once more.

"Tony," I whispered taking his hand. "Its you and always has been. You are my forever," I said as a smile played at his lips.

"And you are my always," Tony said as we walked toward the front door. Tony held the door as I walked outside.

"Eric," I said softly dreading the conversation about to take place.

"You have been with him?!" Eric snapped as I looked down.

"He was protecting me. I could sense every feeling he had and it matched mine. I love him. I wish I didn't, it would be so much easier if I didn't but I can't stop loving him," I said tears in my eyes. "I prayed that it was you Eric!"

"You picked him?! He tried to make sure you stayed dead!" Eric yelled causing me to flinch.

"I'm sorry, if I had loved you first I probably would have chosen you," I said tears streaking my face.

"I miss your dark eyes as they were paired with your best decision!" Eric snapped as Tony took my hand.

"Eric I'm sorry but I love Tony," I sobbed when he launched his magic at me. I slid back before flying back into Tony. I winced groaning as his dark magic tried to force its way into my body. I felt a spark of energy in my womb as he went flying. Tony scrambled to his feet helping me up.

"Sapph are you okay?!" Tony gasped as I nodded.

"I think so," I whispered facing Eric. I watched as Eric launched the full force of his powers at Tony. Without even flinching I stepped in front of Tony. I watched in confusion as the magic hit a barrier bouncing back at Eric. Tony wrapped his arm around my waist as Eric looked around just as confused as I was.

"What was that?" I asked Tony who froze.

"I think the ancestors are apologizing," Tony whispered as we rushed into the house. I put down a magical protection around the house.

"Tony what aren't you telling me?!" I said as he was currently avoiding eye contact.

"After you died the witch ancestors came to me," Tony whispered. "They said they were wrong to force us apart. They said the only way to defeat Eric is with love. They broke the connection between you two and you completed it by choosing me."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I sighed as he faced me.

"I didn't want to rob you of your choice," Tony said softly.

"Tony I love you even when the ancestors tried forcing us apart it was still you," I whispered as he wrapped his arms around me. "Wait defeat him with love!"

"What are you seeing?" Tony asked as everything became clear.

"It was me. I created the barrier by sacrificing myself for you," I said as our eyes locked. "Had Eric's magic hit me I probably would have died."

"But he hit you with dark magic before and you just absorbed it," Tony said as I touched his cheek.

"But now I was brought back by Josh so I'm weakened in a lot of ways," I said softly as Tony stroked my cheek.

"I don't want to lose you," Tony whispered as I pressed my lips to his. I felt a warm glow flow through me. My eyes widened in shock as a glowing white light filled the room around us.

"Our love is magic now," I gasped as Tony looked around as the light faded. I looked out the window only to find a dark cloud pressing against the shield. I looked as Eric put more effort into pushing my barrier. I could see it cracking as he pushed against it. "Tony he's too strong."

"Don't worry we can do this together. I won't let him hurt you!" Tony said firmly wrapping his arms around my waist. I let his touch calm my rising anxiety as the cloud started seeping through the crack in the protection. Tears rushed down my cheeks as the realization hit me that either of us could die durning this fight, I just hoped it was me instead of Tony. I couldn't live with myself if he died.

"I'll kill Tony first to make this as painful as possible Sapphire!" Eric laughed as I slipped from Tony's arms. I wasn't going to let him die for me.

"I love you," I whispered as his eyes filled with panic. I rushed out the front door running straight at Eric. I tackled him to the grass as I began teleporting as far from Tony as possible. We crash landed in the middle of a field rolling away from each other. I winced as I hit a tree. I reached up finding a small cut on my forehead that was bleeding. I got to my feet shakily as pain racked my body. At least I saved Tony even if I died here. I was going to fight like hell to return to my love but if not at least I can take Eric down with me...