Run and Hide

We spent all night on the roof. I decided to take watch and allow my brother sleep. I gripped the gun as it was oddly comforting. I glanced over as Josh started to stir.

"Morning," I said as he crawled over to me. He sat down as I leaned against his shoulder.

"Do you think we will ever have a normal life?" Josh asked bringing tears to my eyes. I knew the answer and I knew it wasn't the answer he deserved.

"No. We have too much power to ever live like the rest of the world. We are so powerful they called me princess," I gasped standing up facing Josh. "You deserve a life and I'm sorry but it isn't possible anymore!"

"Sapph it's okay I don't care," he said as tears streaked my face.

"Babe," Nathan said walking toward me. He wrapped me in his arms calming me. "I promise you will have a normal life."

"The only way is to go to the council," I whispered as he nodded. "But Drake probably has guards along the way to stop us."

"You and your brother are strong enough to get there safe," Nathan said as an SUV pulled up next to the building. "There's our ride." We made our way down the stairs and to the SUV. I got in still gripping the gun as we sped down the road. We had to drive across the country and into Canada to get to the council. It was going to take awhile to get there.

"Nathan, I love you," I whispered softly as he rested his hand on my leg. We made it to Washington before stopping. I got out as Nathan's phone rang.

"Hello," he said as I stood next to him.

"Nathan we gave your location to Drake," the woman on the other end said stopping me cold.

"Why would you help them they are Lycans?!" Nathan demanded making me wince as the use of the word Lycan.

"You left the coven so we no longer have to protect you. We struck a deal to save our people in exchange for finding you," she said as he hung up.

"We have a day tops to stay here before we have to hit the road. Once we start driving we won't be able to stop anymore cause they will know where we are headed," Nathan said as we walked into the restaurant. Nathan, Josh and, I all sat together.

"What can I get you?" A girl who couldn't be more than fifteen asked.

"Three cheese burgers and three sodas," Josh said as I leaned against Nathan. He pressed his lips to my head before wrapping one arm around my waist.

"Just a little longer and you will have the protection to live a normal life," Nathan said as I looked up at him.

"I know," I said as his lips caressed mine sending fire rushing through my body waking my Lycan inside. He pulled back as the food arrived. I ate it quickly my stomach rumbling with hunger. I finished all my food before taking some of Nathan's fries. He started laughing as I continued to stuff my face.

"Had enough?" He asked as I looked at him.

"Sorry wolf appetite," I mumble dropping his fries. I wasn't starving but I was a long way from full. We paid the check before walking to the SUV. I froze seeing the tires were all flat. I quickly drew my gun pushing Josh behind me.

"What?!" He demanded as I pointed to the tires. He stiffened as Nathan put up a barrier around us. I gasped as Nate stepped out of the shadows with five other good fighter.

"Nate?!" I yelled as Nathan's eyes glanced between us.

"Come with us or I'll make sure your little witch suffers slowly!" He growled as I felt indescribable fear. I took aim at Nate slowly. I didn't want to do this but it was us or them.

"Walk away Nate!" I snapped harshly as Nathan stood firmly next to me.

"Can't do that princess," he said as Nathan dropped the shield. I fired two rounds into his chest before dropping two other guys on either side before the remaining two advanced on us. The first grabbed the gun in my hand. I struggled for control of the gun kneeing him in the stomach. He released me as I fired a round into the other gun who lashed out at Nathan. I was suddenly knocked to the pavement the gun sliding into the street. I scrambled toward the gun when the first guy grabbed me flipping me on my back. He wrapped his arms around my neck as I squirmed trying to break free.

"I get to kill a royal," he laughed squeezing my neck cutting off my airway. My lungs begged for the relief of air as spots filled my vision. Josh ran grabbing the gun aiming at the man.

"Get off my sister!" He snarled his emotions getting the best of him.

"Or what?" The man laughed as my brother fired three shots into him until his grip released me. I crawled out from under him coughing as air made its way back into my lungs. Nathan ran over to me wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh my god your neck Sapph," my brother said as I breathed heavily. Nathan looked at my neck his eyes filled with pain.

"I'm fine," I gasped getting to my feet looking at my scraped hands blood smeared all over. "I'm sorry I couldn't get the last guy."

"You are a killing machine. You dropped four guys in two minutes," my brother said with a joy that scared me. What was my brother turning into? What happened to the sweet kid who only cared about me? Was the new found power going to his head? The only thing I knew was I had to stop him from becoming the monster everyone thinks we are...