On The Road

"How are we supposed to get to Canada without a car?" I asked opening the car door to wake the body guard who missed the entire fight only to find him dead in the front seat. I spun vomiting on the ground.

"What?" Nathan asked as I pointed at the car. "Man I actually liked Geo!" He said anger flashing across his features.

"I'm sorry," I gasped standing up. "But how are we supposed to get to Canada?" I demanded again.

"I guess by bus?" Josh said making me groan.

"I hate the bus!" I whined as we walked toward the only bus stop for the next few miles. I stood against the pole taking the gun from my brother. I tucked it in my waistband pulling my shirt down over it.

"Babe it's just a little while longer and you'll be safe," Nathan said as I walked over to the phone booth to call it in so council would be aware of the situation.

"Hello," the woman said.

"Hi I'm Sapphire the Gemini lycan and my pack tried to kill me. I killed the five of them and am on my way to you. Right now I'm in Washington near Seattle if you want to deal with the dead bodies," I said hanging up before walking back to the bus stop.

"Who did you call?" Nathan asked as I leaned against the pole again.

"The council so they can take care of the inhuman bodies," I whispered as he wrapped his arm around me waist. I saw the bus pull up allowing us on. We paid for the entire tip into Canada. I sat down laying my head on Nathan's shoulder drifting into an uneasy sleep.
---
I was awoken from my sleep my Nathan shaking me. I looked seeing we were in Canada but I could tell we had a long hike before we could see the council. The council was located high in the mountains at the very top to keep humans from discovering us.

"You better like heights," I said as we made our way off the bus showing our passports to the officials. We made our way through the small town. Once off the main road I shifted into my Lycan form allowing Nathan to climb on. Josh followed me up the trail his Lycan form almost identical to mine. If it wasn't for our eyes we would be totally unrecognizable. We raced up the mountain our paws crushing the snow with each step.

"So how far is it?" Josh barked at me.

"Like fifteen more minutes," I barked back as we continued without haste up the snowy mountain. My attention was drawn to my brother as another Lycan tackled him. "I have to go after him," I said as Nathan jumped off holding the gun. I raced after my brother my heart pounding in my ears as my paws crunched through the snow at great speed.

"Sapph be careful," I heard Nathan yell as I continued toward my brother. I saw blood all over the snow unsure where they went. I followed the blood slowly keeping my ears pricked. I crouched low my teeth bared as I found my brother in human form lying there unmoving. I shifted back into human form tears rushing down my face as I ran to him. I knelt next to him my knees digging into the cold snow. I looked at my brother who was in a heap on the ground. I put my fingers on his neck gently. I held my breath taking his pulse.

"Please don't be dead." I gasped tears brimming in my eyes. I took a sigh of relief as he was still alive but his pulse was weak. My nerves sent me spiraling down a deep abyss of panic. I saw a gash across his chest blood pooling beneath him. I heard someone approaching causing me to spin around quickly my eyes fixed on Danielle.

"Come with me," she said as rage flooded my system.

"No I won't let OUR brother die," I snapped harshly putting pressure on his wound my eyes locked on Danielle's.

"I had to protect the pack," she growled as I glared.

"How was killing a seventeen year old keeping us safe?!" I snarled my nose wrinkled with anger.

"He was powerful enough to kill us all," she spat with such disgust for him.

"If you have forgotten so am I!" I snapped with rage lacing my words.

"But you aren't as dangerous as he is. He killed the men we sent after you," she said harshly as my eyes turned hard.

"I killed them!" I yelled as her face morphed to shock. "They tried to kill us I was protecting my family."

"They were ordered to bring you home not attack," she said as tears rushed down my face.

"Nate threatened my mate's life," I said with pain in my eyes. "Is that what you mean by not attacking?!"

"I can't let you make it to the council. If I let you leave it will destroy our pack, more importantly my husband and I," Danielle said as I looked at my brother's face as it was losing color before my eyes.

"Hold on Josh," I whispered tears dropping onto my hands. I watched Danielle approach us as I found the gun Josh had. I reached it quickly leveling it at her chest my other hand still keeping my brother from bleeding out.

"Are you going to kill me too?" She demanded acting like the victim.

"Not if you leave us alone," I said softly pleading for her to see reason.

"Can't do that!" She said as I put the gun down. I can't kill my sister, if they want us dead that bad so be it.

"Leave Nathan alone," I whispered as she ran at me with the enchanted knife. I closed my eyes accepting the graceful embrace of death. I felt the blade press into my chest causing me to wince as it slid through my body. Death my friend take me now and give me your sweet kiss...