Brie

I felt the blade press against my skin but Kyle couldn't force it in as tears stained my face.

"Killer her or I will!" Dedrick growled as Kyle tried to plunge it into my heart. "Give it." Dedrick snatched the knife trying to drag it across my throat. He looked at me before looking at the men. The men released me with one look from Dedrick. "What are you?"

"Something lost," I muttered as he looked at me. "I remembered."

"You can't be," Dedrick said shock filling his features. "You died."

"It is me," I said softly as he reached up cupping my cheek. I watched the grief fade as he pulled me into his arms.

"No one touches her!" Dedrick snapped as Kyle glared.

"Why she means nothing," he demanded as my father put him in his place by forcing him to his knees with magic.

"No one hurts her," my father said carrying me up the stairs and to the elevator, we hadn't left the building I soon discovered as he placed me on the sofa inside the penthouse. He faced me as I looked at him. "What happened to you?"

"So much," I muttered as he sat down across from me.

"Where have you been?" He asked as I laughed.

"Which life?" I said as his eyes filled with shock. "When I was taken from you, mom took me to a witch coven. She said it wasn't safe to live with you. One of your men found me and um," I looked down shuddering at the memory, the way his blood felt on my skin.

"Brie are you okay?" My father asked as I looked at him.

"Your man tried to take me for my magic but mom came and tried to stop him. He nearly killed her and so I used all of my magic. The magic was unstable very quickly and I wasn't experienced enough to use it. I killed him and then I went to mom and found her bleeding out so I healed her. The entire thing caused me to repress my power," I whispered on the verge of tears.

"You can't control it anymore?" My father gasped as I nodded.

"That's how you were able to keep me here. If I had full control you all would be dead," I said softly. "I faced every Magi and won."

"You were the one Rory wanted dead," he said as I looked at him.

"Yeah I fell in love and defied fate for a guy and it got me killed multiple times. The man I love I wasn't meant to be with. I messed with fate so much it sent a Phoenix to kill me but even then I messed with the plan because he couldn't bring himself to kill me," I said as my father took my left hand eyeing the ring.

"You got engaged?" He asked as I smiled.

"In this life I'm engaged but in my past life I married him," I said softly as my father smiled. I could see the change in his whole demeanor. He wasn't angry with me the way he was with Kyle. I was his little girl who he loved very much. Kyle was the reminder he had lost me.

"Can I meet him?" My father asked as I looked at him hesitantly.

"As long as you don't hurt him you can," I said softly.

"I promise I won't," my father said as I got to my feet quickly.

"Do you have stuff to eat?" I asked as my stomach rumbled.

"I do but it's frozen food," he said as I sighed.

"It will have to work but can we get more healthy options. I'm eating for two," I said as his mouth dropped.

"It's official I'm old," he said reaching his hand toward my stomach. I stiffened but decided to allow him to touch my belly. His hand pressed to my stomach as the baby kicked.

"The baby rarely moves but when it does you can feel it. Watch," I said as I tapped into the magic as his eyes widened.

"She has magic," he gasped as I looked at him.

"How do you know she is a girl?" I asked as he laughed.

"It's my gift," he said as I wrapped my arms around him catching him off guard.

"I love you," I whispered as his arms rubbed my back.

"I am glad you had a normal part of your life," he said as I looked at him.

"My life was never normal. I used to be half Lycan," I said as his cellphone rang.

"Hello," he said as his face hardened. "What did he think was going to happen?" I gasped as pain racked my body causing me to collapse in agony. My father dropped the phone looking around the room. He found no one and I knew it was the ancestors trying to bend my will. My father knelt beside me as I fought the pain.

"The ancestors want something," I whimpered in pain as he scooped me up.

"I have a place they can't reach," he said rushing to the stairs running down all the way to the bottom. He pulled the next door open carrying me into a room with symbols all over the walls. The minute we entered the room the pain stopped instantly. He set me down as I looked at him.

"They are scared," I gasped trying to catch my breath. "Something I did scared them."

"It's the fact that you have so much magic and stayed with me," my father said as I leaned against the wall.

"They won't stop with me. They will send people for Josh and Eric. Maybe even the twins," I said panic filling my body.

"I'll take care of everything," my father said fleeing from the room leaving me alone. I paced the room careful not to break the magic seal protecting me from the ancestors' power. Will the ancestors ever learn I'm not the problem but a solution?

[A/N]
Happy holidays everyone I hope you are enjoying your time off from school I know I am!