19: Poison

Karma fell to the ground. 

 "Karma!" Nagisa screeched as he rushed to the aid of his boyfriend, who had fallen limp and looked like a rag doll. Nagisa shook Karma's shoulders, screaming louder each time. Each time a new scream left his lips, his pupils constricted, turning into slits. And each time his pupils became more slitted, a new spike of yellow protruded through his cerulean irises. His bloodlust attempting to break though his many walls of acting and protection. 

"Nagisa what's all the com-Karma-kun!" Karasuma confusedly stepped out of the office to realize that Karma was lying unconscious on the ground, bleeding from the lip. Taking a closer look at the wound, it looked somewhat like a bite-mark. Eyes widening, he rushed over, crouching down to grip Karma's wrist. Karasuma felt a pulse, but it was growing weaker.

"What happened?" Karasuma demanded as he picked up Karma and placed him on the bed in the nearby infirmary.

"H-He was about to leave so he surprised me with a g-goodbye kiss and he cut his lip on my fang!" Nagisa stuttered, tears beginning to form in his eyes. Karasuma, not having been present during the last time Nagisa's eyes turned yellow, was unaware of the power struggle occurring within his son.

And in his shock and worry, he couldn't tell the bloodlust coming from Nagisa was animalistic, unlike his usual intent to kill a target, this was like his bloodlust from before: a bloodlust that wanted everyone dead.

Karasuma quickly drew some blood from Karma.

"Call the octopus and get Irina!" Karasuma demanded. Nagisa nodded, calling Korosensei first.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Korosensei speaking, what do you need Nagisa-kun?"

"K-Korosensei Karma's been poisoned! We need you back here NOW!" Nagisa cried as he hung up, knowing Korosensei was on his way.

Nagisa slammed open the door to the office, panting from sprinting top speed from one side of the hall to the other. While it wasn't a long journey, any journey at over top speed was alot. Even when he was part-snake, Nagisa still wasn't athletic.

"Nagisa! What happened?" Irina rushed over to her son, seeing the worry in his partially-yellow eyes.

"Karma! I poisoned him!" Nagisa sobbed, crystalline tears flowing out his eyes. Irina gasped, getting a basic idea of what happened. But with what she knew, all she could tell was that Nagisa hadn't meant it.

"Where is he now?" Irina commanded, pushing her worry to the side.

"Infirmary." Nagisa answered weakly as they rushed there.

When they opened the door, Nagisa gasped.

Karma was lying on the bed, pale and ice cold. Karasuma looked over to Nagisa with sorrow, the words coming out of his mouth layered with apologizes as he knew he'd shatter his newly repaired son.

"He might not make it."

It took those five words to send Nagisa's eyes into a complete yellow haze.

Not thinking twice, the assassin sprinted out into the forest, crying.

Once he was far lost from the trail and all signs of human- genetically modified or otherwise- life, he stopped running and collapsed to the ground. His tears created a puddle under him.

'I killed him.'

'I killed the only one who loved me, bloodlust and all...'

Nagisa's mind was on a rampage, breaking down every ounce of control he had before leaving him with only one conclusion.

'Karma can't be allowed to remember any of this- no- he can't remember any of me.'