52: Train

Miki stood slack-jawed as Nagisa guided them to a training room in the basement of the large Akabane manor.

"You have all of this stuff?" They gaped as they looked around, causing Nagisa to chuckle.

"Yes, most of it can also be gym equipment so Karma uses it as well. The back room has a false city setting for hiding and searching training, and in the room to our right has more acrobatic equipment so you can actually jump from roof to roof because let me tell you, it's not as easy as it is on television."

"Don't I know it, I tried once and nearly fell to my death!" Miki groaned. "Haven't tried since, I use poles and lines to grapple across."

Nagisa nodded, "Smart, but I'm going to teach you how. It's much faster than grappling and if you have anyone chasing you one jump might be enough of a head start to get away. Speaking of, did you bring your outfit?"

Miki nodded, shaking the bag on their shoulder lightly. Each assassin under Nagisa's organization was required to have an outfit logged with him. That way, Nagisa could easily recognize them but they would also be hidden enough that they likely wouldn't be caught by any security and lead unwanted peoples back to the organization in any form or fashion.

Miki's outfit was on the simpler side, a large, loose trench coat with dozens of pockets for holding weapons, padding, nearly bullet proof vests and pant guards. Looking closer, Nagisa could tell why Miki liked the tench coat, seeing as the large fabric was good at concealing their spider legs.

"Alright, Mikkun, first off I want you to show me how much you know how to do with your hybrid parts." Nagisa ordered.

"Hai, Nagisa-sama." Miki nodded as they took off their coat and stretched out the four thin spider legs affixed to their sides and back. "My spider legs are around as strong as my arms. I also have webbing, as you can see here," Miki noted, flipping over their wrist to show off the small, nearly hidden spinnerets on their wrist, slowly pulsing as they pressed out a small string of webbing. "Of course I also have venom in my fangs, but you already knew that." Miki listed, chuckling and rubbing the back of their neck.

Nagisa nodded. "How strong are your webs? Can they hold up your weight?"

Miki nodded, shooting a string of webbing towards the ceiling and holding on, wrapping it around himself to form a seat of sorts. "They can hold up around twice my weight, though they don't stick to smooth surfaces like metal very well and fall off with just over my weight."

Nagisa hummed, mentally taking notes. "I see. From what I noticed about you when we were meeting at the factory, you aren't quite the best at concealing your presence."

"O-Oh... Yeah I guess." Miki murmured, curling in on themselves slightly.

"It's not a bad thing--It just looks as though nobody has been able to train you. But we're fixing that right now." Nagisa smiled, speaking in the same tone he usually defaulted to using when Iyuka had made a mistake and was sad about it.

Miki perked up slightly at that, nodding while they looked over to Nagisa for instructions.

"I only saw your hiding at the water treatment plant, so I want you to go into the other room and actually try to hide from me. I'll go easy on you so don't worry, it's just for me to get data on what aspects of concealing yourself we should work on."

Miki nodded and rushed off to the room Nagisa had told them had the cityscape mock-up in it, quickly looking around to get a sense of their surroundings before running into a shadow to find the best places to hide.