33: Meet-up

Nagisa sighed and slumped down into his chair as he finished sending out the last email of where to meet.

He stood up and cracked his back before moving into the living room. Iyuka was at school and Yumi was staying in the guest room. She didn't want to go home yet- she said it felt hollow and empty without Misui there.

Nagisa was worried about her. They had a possible location but Takaoka likely had prepared for him. He would have planned this out and hired as many people as possible. Nagisa sighed.

Karma walked into the room, just as Nagisa sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked, coming over to sit beside Nagisa.

"I'm just worried about Misui. It all just feels like it's my fault."

"I know it must feel that way, but you have to understand this is all Takaoka's doing. He's a twisted man, Nagisa. Nobody could have guessed he would escape, especially after so many years. You're doing everything you can to save Misui, and you did everything to save me and Iyuka too. Come 'ere." Karma said before reaching out his arms to pull Nagisa in.

Soft tears began to trickle down Nagisa's cheeks as he buried his head into Karma's chest.

"Shh, I'm here. I've got you." Karma rubbed soothing circles into Nagisa's back, letting him cry it out. "You've worked so hard, it's alright. You can rest for now."

Nagisa cuddled into Karma's chest, his ear over Karma's heart. The slow beating helped Nagisa relax and hold his mind in the present. Slowly, Nagisa closed his eyes and silently cried himself to sleep.

Karma sighed deeply and adjusted Nagisa into a more comfortable position.

The two remained in that position for a few moments before a tired-looking Yumi peeked head head out from the adjacent room.

"He's taking it hard." She murmured.

"Not as hard as you are. Are you doing alright?" Karma whispered, careful to not wake Nagisa up as he pulled Nagisa into a bridal carry.

The two walked towards Karma and Nagisa's bedroom so to set Nagisa down and talk in the hallway.

"I'm certainly not as good as I could be. I really want Misui back." Yumi sniffed.

"Hey, we'll get her back, don't worry. Nagisa's reached out to his... coworkers, for help. Thanks to his position he has many people who work directly for him and many others in the... er... company listen to him."

"He's got their names, doesn't he?" Yumi asked.

"Yeah... He's got the names of anyone who matters. He called up some of the best he knows. Don't worry, we'll get Misui back."

Yumi nodded slowly.

"I'm going to go make sure Nagisa is alright." Karma murmured. Yumi nodded and Karma vanished into their bedroom.

Later

Nagisa pulled on his mask and attire to hide his identity. Karma did the same. The two of them were moderately famous thanks to Karma's status, so there was a chance one of them would be recognized. Yumi didn't feel the need, and Nagisa was alright with that. Nobody coming was too valuable to the point he couldn't dispose of them, and Grip already knew Nagisa and Karma's identities.

Once dressed up, everyone moved out to the meeting location.

Nagisa instructed Karma and Yumi to wait outside as he made his entrance.

Nagisa silently jumped up into the rafters before swooping down.

"Hello~ Looks like you all came like obedient mortals~" He purred, putting on his act as the God of Death.

"My lord, we came as ordered. Where is your party?" One asked after bringing his body down to a kneel.

"They're here. The God of Violence and the Goddess of Love. Come on in you two~"

Karma and Yumi came in, having previously discussed their aliases.

Grip came over to meet them, smiling as he walked up to Yumi.

"It's been quite a while, hasn't it Queen Mab~?