23: Puppet

Nagisa stared at the group of people. Such an odd party, but he couldn't blame their insecurity. He watched as Karma stood slowly, leaning against Karasuma's arm for support. Irina asked if he wanted to be carried instead, but the redhead waved her off, walking to match the rest of their paces.

Shiro was stuck in the blonde's vice grip, her glares dealing a death punishment for every wrong step. Misui was allowed to walk without ropes tightly constricting her, but the Karmagisa trio and one AI had their eyes on her.

Misui turned to Shiro. She'd been suspicious since she first learned he was being silent. Something was off, begging for a release, a finger to point to. After she was tied up, she was almost positive that Nagisa would go for her boss, but other than the refusal of talking, she couldn't see any differences. She had an idea, but the simple mention would usually end with dire consequences. But she didn't know what the tentacles could do- even so, she wasn't willing to take any chances. Shiro was restrained, so he couldn't beat her for doing this...

"Shiro-sama, do you remember Aguri-san?" Misui spoke.

"Yukimu-"

"Shh! Yes. Shiro-sama?" Misui shushed.

Shiro simply nodded.

Nodded.

Simply.

She continued to walk, everyone's eyes on her questioningly.

It took approximately three seconds for Misui to comprehend his response.

It took six for her to take action.

Her eyes widened before she yanked Shiro out of Irina's grip. Irina opened her mouth to ask what she was doing, while Karasuma abandoned Karma to attack her. Before either could reach her, she kicked Shiro in the stomach, dark liquid escaping his mouth as she backed up.

"Run!" She yelled before turning to move. The three listened, although hesitantly, keeping an eye on her. It wasn't until Shiro's body began to violently spaz as he seemed to begin crying thick, black tears did they realize why she seemed so scared. The same inky blackness started driving down his mouth and out his nose before the body dropped to the floor like an anvil. The body stopped moving, remaining still. It would never move again.

Slow clapping came from the end of the hall, leaving the group to pause in their tracks. Karma wheezed, though he stared at the image appearing before them.

"Good job little toy~. I wasn't expecting that much from you."

Karma remained silent, as did Irina. Their relationship with the kind child was not represented through this Nagisa.

"What did you do to him?" Karasuma said, pivoting towards the silent body of Shiro for explanation.

"Why," Nagisa started, his eyes gleaming. "I thought that was self-explanatory. He's dead."

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain how he was moving around like that." Misui butted in, a fierce expression on her face. She was tired of being the third (fourth) wheel, and she was tired of being scared of nothing.

He laughed, a sound like silk and mud; a smoothness that stuck with you no matter how hard you tried to wash it off.

"He was my little doll. It's such a shame though, making him the way I wanted to. Such a messy job." He shook his head. "In order to make him my puppet, to make him fit on my finger." A smile creeped up his face, and he airily waved his hand.

"I had to rip his stuffing out first."