2: Restless

"Nagisa-kun, stop pacing." Silver ordered. Nagisa ignored his teacher and continued pacing back and forth in the small living room of their current apartment.

Silver sighed. "Something on your mind?"

"It's just... ugh being in Tokyo again is making me... reminisce." Nagisa growled a small amount.

"Want to go out for a little bit? Get a job or two done in the area?" Silver offered.

Nagisa stopped pacing. "Look... about our job..."

"You aren't thinking of quitting, are you?"

"Maybe?"

Silver tensed, but of course he'd never show it. "You know you cant' leave, it's been two years."

"Yeah but you've still be teaching me normal school curriculum. I'm smart enough so I could just go enroll at a high school, hell I could go back to Kunugigaoka."

"Nagisa-kun you know you can't go to Kunugigaoka."

"There are other schools."

"And you can't go to any of them." Silver snapped.

"I just... I miss my friends..." I miss Karma. 

Silver heard the unsaid.

"Look... I didn't want to tell you this... but Kayano-san, do you remember her?" Silver used his secret weapon.

Nagisa nodded. "What about her, is she alright?"

"She's technically fine, but I have to tell you something about her... she lied to you, Nagisa-kun. Kayano Kaede wasn't her name. Her name is Yukimura Akari, and she was an actress. She got tentacles since her older sister worked where the seeds were made and after her sister died, Yukimura-san went to Kunugigaoka just to get revenge. Being friends with you was a lie to keep her cover."

Nagisa's eyes widened as they glossed over.

"N-No... that's a lie! Kaede was- was a sister to me!" Nagisa hissed.

"I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Here, just... look at this." Silver pulled up a news article about Kayano.

Nagisa's pupils thinned to slits as he began to hiss lowly.

"Where is she now?"

"She's still in Tokyo. Here's her address." Silver handed his student a piece of paper with an address scrawled on it. "What do you plan to do when you find her?"

"What I was born to do."

Time Skip

Yukimura, or as she demanded all her classmates from 3-E call her, Kayano, walked along the busy streets of Tokyo, happily chatting with Hayami as they held some shopping bags.

"You have to tell me all about your date with Chiba-kun tonight!" Kayano squealed.

"Calm down Kayano-chan, it's just a date." Hayami refused to blush.

"Oh you're no fun Hayami-chan. You two are going to a shooting range aren't you~!" Kayano laughed.

"Of course we are. For old times sake." Hayami smiled a little bit.

Both girls turned their view back to the front as they walked up to a crosswalk.

Looking both ways, they began to step onto the street before Hayami immediately gripped Kayano's arm and turned her around as she broke out into a run.

"H-Hayami-chan! Where are we going!" Kayano shouted as Hayami opened her phone and quickly dialed a number all members of E Class had on speed dial.

"Hello, do you need something Hayami-chan? I have some bullies to attend to."

"I saw him."

There was a silence on the other end.

"Where and when?"

Hayami listed the street and said it hadn't been more than two minutes.

"Kayano-chan is with you?"

"Yes."

"Bring her to my house, now. She's not safe outside. Please pass the phone to her."

Hayami gave the phone to Kayano.

"He wants to talk to you."

Kayano took the phone and placed it by her ear.

"What is it?"

"Kayano-chan, I think he's after you this time."

"But why would he be after me?"

"You lied to him, remember? And he wasn't there to see you say sorry."

Kayano paled as she remembered she never got to tell her little-brother figure who she really was.

"Hayami is taking you to my place. Let us look for him, alright? You need to stay at my home."

Kayano nodded, even though the person on the other end couldn't see it.

"I'll tell you more once you get here."

Karma hung up and turned to make a call of his own.

"Rio?"

"Hey! Karma! Whatcha calling for?"

"Nagisa's back."