38: First Marriage

Owl: Well sh*t, how the crap am I supposed to write this?

Starling: *shrugs* I don't know what to tell you. I'm writing the other one.

------------

"Yumi...will you marry me?"

"Of course you dummy!!!"

AROUND A YEAR LATER

The wedding started off nice. Karma was standing off to the side, as he was the best man, a small smile on his face. His eyes were playful; he winked in Nagisa's direction. And, of course, Misui was standing at the center, her face pale but flushed, her hair styled up magnificently as her dress shone, reaching down to her ankles. She was beautiful, but also extremely nervous. And excited. And nervous. And excited. And ner-

The flower girls were going down the aisle, a little well-trained puppy following behind them until it reached the aisle one of her humans sat in. The girls were also in nice clothing, and the petals that rained down onto the carpet were pretty as well; they giggled happily as they sat in their respective seats, ready for the other bride to walk down the red carpet. It was agreed that there was no way in hell that Misui was going to walk down the aisle.

She'd trip and fall and break her face in.

So there she was, trying her hardest not to bite her fingernail off as the violins' musical harmony faded off into comfortable silence. Well, comfortable to everyone but the worrying bride up on the stand. The doors then opened, and there was the bride — well, the second one at least. Her red hair fell in loose waves around her head, and the white and purple highlights had been mixed with just the right amount of red in a thick braid.

The bridesmaids weren't kidding when she said that she was gorgeous. She held her flowers with delicate hands, and she walked down the carpet with a sense of gratefulness. By the time she made it to the stand, Misui's hands were trembling so hard that she thought that she was going to have to panic attack. Yumi gave her flowers to the figure standing to the left of the stand.

Her lover took her shaking hands into her own and held them, rubbing the pads of her thumbs onto the backs of her hands in order to calm her. With a glance up at Karma (who shot her a sneaky grin), Yumi locked her gaze onto Misui's, calming her down.

A certain assassin was looking everywhere, soaking up every detail as he calmly pet the puppy in his lap. The wedding was one of the best he'd ever seen, and he could use some pro tips for his own.

The man that stood behind the two women cleared his throat, bringing absolute silence upon the guests' crazed whispers. There wasn't a whole lot of people around to see the wedding, but that was fine. Yumi and Misui couldn't care less about the lack of people.

"We are here today to see the wedding between these two wonderful ladies," he started off. Just to settle your worries, he was gay too, so he knew how hard it was to get someone who was actually willing to do the job. And he was totally fine with marrying the two women.

And, much to Misui's apprehension, the time finally came after a long speech. "Would you, Hanasaki Misui, promise to be there at all times, in love, in sickness, and in health? If yes, say, 'I do'."

Misui took in a deep breath to calm herself. She let out a shaky 'I do', before the man's attention turned to Yumi. "Would you, Fukase Yumi, promise to be there at all times, in love, in sickness, and in health? If yes, say, 'I do'."

A short pause later, with Misui's thoughts going everywhere — a sample for you: ohmygoshwhatifshedoesnotsayyesisthatallmyfaultohnosheistotallygonnasaynonownooooooo — "I do," came Yumi's strong and confident voice.

The man chuckled. "Alright then. Bride, you may now kiss the other bride."

Yumi, being the type of person she is, grabbed Misui's wrists (since Misui was too tense and reluctant to be the one to start the kiss) and pulled her forwards, kissing her. There was happy applauding, and Nagisa, (who demanded to be the closest he could get to the ceremony) held onto the flowers given to him by Yumi at the beginning of the service.

What? He still looked girly enough to pass as a bridesmaid. Not like anyone but the two newlyweds and Karma knew anyways. (And yes, if you were wondering, he was wearing a dress on Karma's request- a request Yumi openly agreed with).

Misui and Yumi locked arms, Karma and Nagisa following shortly after, Seizon staying with Yumi for the time being, on request from Karma.

"Come on!" Yumi said enthusiastically, tugging a relieved Misui around. "Let's get drunk! I need it after all that stress!"

Misui laughed as she got dragged away, and Nagisa would have followed if not for Karma grabbing Nagisa's hand to stop him.

"Can you come with me?" Karma asked, clearly nervous.

A warm smile graced Nagisa's lips. "Sure."

Karma looked relived at the lack of resistance, guessing Nagisa had an idea of the reason of this escapade.

Karma led them to a mountain, one they knew very well.

Karma began to walk up the path, just for his blue-haired lover to take his hand and lead them to the trees to run branch to branch until they reached the top.

Karma led them into the classroom, back to his old desk.

"This was my desk, but even more important, it was where you accepted my love, and we had our first kiss. This classroom held so many memories, ones that I'd never wish to forget- just like I'll never forget you." Nagisa sported an embarrassed blush as Karma brought that up. "And even though we may be young, we both know this was going to happen some time, and I swear I can't wait for one second longer..." Karma got down on one knee, pulling out a ring from his pocket, not bothering with a box. "Karasuma Nagisa, will you marry me?"

Nagisa's eyes flooded with tears.

The moment of silence killed Karma-

"Yes. A thousand times yes!"

Karma waited for not a moment to pass before connecting their lips in a passionate kiss.

Once they broke, Karma slid the ring onto Nagisa's finger and Nagisa was finally able to get a good look at it.

The ring held no diamond, Karma knew how Nagisa hated diamonds, so instead there was a glittering gold ring in the shape of a serpent, the snake's body making up the ring as it wrapped around Nagisa's finger, two glittering sapphires shining as eyes.

It was perfect.

"I love you, Akabane Karma."

"I love you too, forever and ever- my darling Akabane Nagisa."