28: Murder

"FOUND YOU!"

Hiromi took her first shot at Karasuma, who dodged.

The class began jumping down and aiming their weapons at Hiromi as Karma went and untied Nagisa, passionately kissing him as soon as he could.

"You're surrounded, give yourself up." Irina demanded of Hiromi as she glanced at her son.

Ripping the bow out of his hair, Karma dragged Nagisa a little ways away from the fight.

"DON'T YOU RUN AWAY NOW NAGISA-CHAN!" Hiromi screeched, ignoring Irina's demand as she aimed at Karma, instantly shooting him.

Karma watched the bullet as if in slow motion. Dodging wouldn't work at that point, it was too late to get away.

But Karma decided it wasn't to late to try at least.

The bullet lodged itself in the redhead's shoulder, earning a yelp of pain.

"KARMA!" Nagisa screamed in agony as Karma was thrown off of him.

Nagisa's eyes whipped around to look at his supposed "mother."

Yellow slitted pupils took the place of his normal calm cerulean eyes.

"YOU HURT KARMA!" Nagisa roared as his eyes began to glow with bloodlust and his scales hardened to a deep blue.

"He was in the way my dear!" Hiromi defended as Nagisa stood up and took out a gun from his pocket, aiming at his mother.

"W-Where did you get that Nagisa-chan?" Hiromi stuttered as the class froze in shock, remembering the bloodlust radiating off their classmate from the time he'd lost control before.

But this, this was much worse.

The snakes constricted around them, tying their legs together and pushing the air from their lungs in a choking manner. They curled around their necks and nipped at their skin from all sides, fangs digging deep into their necks, injecting their paralyzing venom into their blood stream and leaving them motionless and stiff, only being able to watch as their classmate and dear friend did something they knew he'd regret.

"YOU. HURT. KARMA." Nagisa repeated as he took aim.

BANG

Blood shot from the wound in Hiromi's heart as she fell to the ground, limp.

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

Clk-clk-clk

Nagisa tsked as his gun ran out of ammunition. He threw the useless device across the room where it his the dirt and skidded to a stop.

Hiromi lay on the ground, six holes in her chest, two right near her heart, one in her neck, and three in her stomach.

Karasuma snapped to his senses at the brutality as he looked to his son, noticing his hair was no longer covering the scales on his neck and cheek.

"Nagisa..." Karasuma murmured as he went to his son.

Nagisa hissed as Karasuma got close.

"SSSSSTAY AWAY!" Nagisa demanded, his 's' hissing out like a snake.

Karasuma clasped Nagisa into a hug, the bloodlust-driven boy's eyes widening as the yellow turned back to blue, the slits thicking slightly.

Tears sprung up in Nagisa's eyes as he saw his masterpiece that was once his mother.

"W-What have a done...?" Nagisa muttered to himself as he collapsed into his father's arms, sobbing his eyes out.

"H-Hey... Don't w-worry... S-She d-deserved that."

Nagisa turned to see Karma weakly standing and trudging towards Nagisa, hand clasped firmly over the bullet wound that had clotted and stopped bleeding, even though his white shirt had been almost totally doused in blood by that point.

"Karma!" Nagisa cried as he ran to Karma and hugged him, getting a weak hug in return.

"I-I'm alright... D-Don't worry about me." Karma weakly laughed, still stuttering.

Nagisa's tears wettened Karma's shirt even more, even though the blood staining it was still damp.

"I-I'm becoming the assassin Otou-san had wanted me to be..."