58: Vial

Miki was not pouting, they were sulking thank you very much.

Having never really been in a family with a good enough dynamic for something like grounding to occur, Miki didn't know what to expect.

Apparently, it was just boredom.

Sure Miki was still allowed electronics and technically he could go outside, but just to the gardens of the manor. Nagisa didn't trust them outside of that, which was fair, admittedly.

It was just the missions they were grounded from. And missions were fun. But noooooo for the next month they were basically on house arrest and it was very boring.

Currently, Miki was attempting to pass the time by glaring at a spot on the wall until it either fell over or they got even more bored and looked for something else to do.

They didn't get very far in their glaring-at-the-wall before the front door opened and Karma came in, listlessly chucking his work briefcase onto the chair by the door. Like magic, like always, Nagisa popped down the stairs with Iyuka trotting behind right as Karma entered.

"I still don't know how you always know when Karma-san get home Nagisa-sam--" Miki coughed at Nagisa's glare, "Nagisa-san."

Nagisa winked towards Miki. "An assassin never reveals their secrets."

"You're-- but you are teaching-- oh nevermind." Miki groaned as they threw themselves backwards onto the back of the couch.

Nagisa chuckled before kissing Karma on the cheek. "Hello love."

"Hey darling. Hello Iyu." Karma smiled, picking up his daughter when she put her arms up for him to grab.

"Daddy's home!" She giggled. "How was work?"

Karma dramatically groaned. "Long and boring. Don't grow up Iyu, you just stay small forever and do school instead."

Iyuka fell into a fit of giggles, "That because you went into politics silly! It's all paperwork and boredom! You don't even go give big speeches!" She said before poking Karma in the cheek.

"Ah! I've been attacked by my own daughter! However will I recover?" Karma giggled as he held onto her tightly and threw himself onto the couch, which Miki smartly had jumped off of.

"Hahahahah Daddy I'm going to fall!" Iyuka laughed.

"Be careful you two!" Nagisa chastised between his own chuckles before walking over and taking Iyuka from Karma's arms. "Iyuka you should go make sure Seizon has food while I talk to Daddy, alright?"

Iyuka nodded and called for the dog of the house to follow her while Nagisa helped Karma up to go put his stuff in the work room.

"So, besides all the boredom, how did work go?" Nagisa asked as they walked down the hall.

Karma shrugged, "Meetings. Some dickweed couldn't keep blabbing about this new science thing he had his people make though. I didn't trust him with anything like that so I swiped it off of 'im. Maybe you'd be able to figure out if it was harmful."

Karma reached into his bag and pulled out a small vial, filled with a crimson liquid that looked like it was bubbling, but with closer inspection that was just how the light filtered through it.

Nagisa's eyes widened, his skin going white as a sheet as he processed what was in front of him--

Every inch of Nagisa felt as if it was being pierced and stabbed over and over. Every ragged breath he took burned as if he was inhaling lava down his throat and into his lungs. Every heartbeat pounded like a steel drum as Nagisa tried to stay conscious. His eyes felt heavy, as if each eyelash had been tied to a 5 pound weight. Nagisa could feel himself screaming, but he couldn't hear it. All he could hear was the pounding in his chest and the pulsing of the serum inside his blood. He could tell he was screaming from the sandpaper like sensation that pulsed in his throat as his voice pushed itself out of his mouth--

"NAGISA!"

Nagisa was snapped out of the memory as Karma shook him, only now noticing the tears dripping down his face.

"We need to hide that--now. I need the information of whoever you got that from right now and I need to kill them."

"What, why what is this?"

"It's the same injection my father used on me."