39: After So Many Years

Karma was tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep.

Tomorrow was the day.

Tomorrow, he'd finally get married to the man he's been in love with since their Assassination Classroom. He'd finally get married to the man he proposed to, even if it took what felt like years of planning to get everything about the ceremony to be perfect. That, and the fact neither had much free time during college, so they waited until they both got out.

And apparently it was bad luck or something to see one another before the wedding. Karma, however, could not sleep and decided to say "forget luck" and waltz right on into the room Nagisa was sleeping in. Nagisa seemed to be having a similar problem as he had been, still being obviously awake- seeing as Karma's opening of the door didn't prompt Nagisa to wake up and point some sort of lethal weapon in the general direction of the door, instead the assassin just kept cuddling the puppy.

"Can't sleep?" Karma asked, walking over and sliding in next to Nagisa, who cuddled into his red-headed lover out of instinct, Seizon politely moving to be behind Nagisa so the two could cuddle. The two lovers knew she'd cuddle up with them later.

"I couldn't, but I don't think that'll be a problem now." Nagisa sleepily joked, curling into Karma's warm hug further. Karma laughed a little and kissed Nagisa's head before they both allowed sleep to finally take hold.

The next morning, Nagisa woke first, as usual, and used his assassination skills to attempt to sneak away from Karma's hug to get ready, but after years of sleeping together, it appeared that Karma's sleeping self no longer accepted getting tricked, and only hugged Nagisa tighter when the blue-haired man attempted to escape. Nagisa chuckled.

"Worth a try." He giggled quietly to himself, not trying further to escape, knowing Karma would wake up soon enough.

As per his guess, Karma woke not long after Nagisa did.

Karma smiled as he saw Nagisa. "Morning, darling."

"Good morning love." Nagisa pecked Karma's lips before Karma finally slipped away to get dressed.

Yumi bounced into the room a minute after Karma got there and cuddled back into the warm blankets on his bed.

"WAKE UP YOU POTATO TIME TO GET READY FOR YOUR WEDDING!" She shouted, pulling Karma out of the bed to land on the floor with a resounding thud.

Karma groaned and rubbed his head, "Really, Yumi, I was awake already. You didn't need to shout like that." He pouted, standing up and pulling out his outfit for the ceremony.

"Yumi, you don't need to be in here, I can get dressed myself." Karma deadpanned as he noticed Yumi hadn't left yet. Yumi gave Karma a smug smirk before leaving.

Karma rolled his eyes and continued getting ready.

In Nagisa's room, however, Nagisa was looking at the two outfits on his bed accusingly. How was he supposed to choose between these! If Yumi hadn't gotten the dress this would be much easier, but she did so now Nagisa was torn between what to wear.

He was fine with female clothing, he always was, it was his mother's controlling nature he hated, not the fabric. Quite honestly, he would even admit to enjoying how comfortable some dresses could be.

Nagisa sighed. "Guess I'll wear both at different times!" He decided, Seizon giving an agreeing woof, just in time for Yumi to barge in.

"Nagi! Have you decided what to wear yet?" She bubbled.

"Hai, Yumi. I'll wear the dress for the ceremony, then I'll change into the suit for the party afterwards." Nagisa smiled, Yumi mirroring the expression.