44: Coworker

Takahashi swore under his breath as the new report from his men came in. Very few people had found anything of use. And what was found wasn't anything substantial.

"All I know is that the brat went off the map and went to that weird school... Ugh at this rate Akabane will take even more of my sources and I'll even get chucked into jail..." He grumbled, before turning off his computer.

Takahashi jumped as he saw someone standing by the door.

"Oh! Asano-san, I didn't hear you come in. What did you need?" Takahashi asked.

Asano Gakushuu's violet eyes looked Takahashi up and down, unimpressed.

"I heard you speak about Karma. I'll let you know now you're in for it if you actually plan to face him head to head. Take it from someone who tried and lost. Karma doesn't hold back." Asano warned.

Takahashi scoffed. "It's not him, I'm checkin' up on his husband."

"Even worse."

Takahashi raised a brow.

"You think you know what you're up against, but let me tell you this. You don't. You're going to lose. The only reason you haven't yet is because they're biding their time. The Akabane family doesn't mess around. When they take you down, they'll put you down for good." Asano said before turning and leaving.

Right as he was at the door, he turned back for a last sentence,

"And by the way, I need the meeting report on my desk by the end of the day."

With his final order, Asano walked from the office and went to Karma's office, which was on a different floor than Takahashi's.

Not bothering to knock, Asano walked in, quickly ducking as he anticipated Karma throwing his stapler at the intruder with deadly accuracy, taught to him by both Korosensei and, later, Nagisa.

"Is that any way to greet an old friend?" Asano smirked as he locked the door behind him and sat down in the chair in front of Karma's desk.

"One who walks in without notice, yeah." Karma responded, though the slight bite in his words was dulled by the jovial smile on his face.

Asano smirked as well as he crossed his legs.

"I got some information for you~ But if you don't want it I can always just leave."

Karma turned one glimmering golden eye up to meet Asano's amethyst pair.

"Oh? Something really worth my time?"

"It's about Takahashi." Asano said, loosing the teasing tone to his voice and turning serious.

Karma set down his work and gave Asano his full attention.

"Talk."

"Heard him muttering to himself. All he knows is that the quote-on-quote "brat," which I assume is Nagisa-kun, is that he went off the map for a while and went to Kunugigaoka. Though he may know more, but this is what he was grumbling about. I told him to back off, but he thinks he's going after Nagisa, who will be less of a problem than you."

Karma snorted. "Yeah right."

Asano smirked, "I told him as much. No details or anything, just that Nagisa was worse than you."

A loving smile bloomed on Karma's face as he thought about his lover.

"Yeah, he really is strong and powerful, isn't he?" Karma shook his head to clear his thoughts before speaking once again. "I think we'll strike soon. I think we have enough information on Takahashi to force him from trying anything."

Asano nodded, "Great. I never liked that guy."

"Me neither, even before he went after my one and only."