8: Hunt

Nagisa glared at the piece of paper currently being crushed in his hand. Vaguely, through the sea of red which had overtaken his vision, he heard a hissing coming from somewhere, but he didn't have the mind to realize it was from his own mouth.

To put it plainly, his figure had taken on a stance of pure rage.

Low hisses were coming from his mouth in a near growling sense, his eyes narrowed sharply with bloodlust oozing from every corner of his being. Even though the manor's grounds were large and the nearest neighbor was nearly a mile away, they still managed to feel a shiver run down their spine at the blue-haired assassin's wrath. His muscles were tense and his body had unconsciously moved into a battle position, ready to spring and attack anything that got too close. His fangs were dripping with onyx venom, sizzling when they fell from his lips and touched the poor, innocent carpet on the floor. Nagisa's face was flushed red with the anger surging through his veins and his face was contorted into a deep scowl, promising pain to those who caused it to take form on his lovely face.

Whoever did this would not be safe from torture.

Whoever did this would die.

Nagisa stormed out from the home into the garage, grabbing keys off the table and putting them into one of Karma's motorbikes he used to use for fun in his "rebellious years" of junior high. Nagisa hadn't ridden one in a while, but it had bike in the name, he should still remember.

Clearly, there was only one location the next note could be, and Nagisa swore if the person who took his family dared trash his sanctuary as well there would be even more hell to pay- not that the person would be granted a quick death at this point anyways.

Riding the bike up the trail and skidding to the stop at the door of Class E Nagisa immediately noted the lock had been broken and the door was slightly ajar. Nagisa cursed at his correctness and threw the bike to the ground, running into the classroom.

Luckily, the desks were still all in place and the bastard had been smart enough not to touch the shrine made for their teacher- maybe he already knew how fucked he was, maybe he was simply not as stupid as Nagisa thought.

The one desk out of place was Karma's, having been twisted around about 37 degrees and a splotch of red stained the plastic made to imitate wood. Nagisa sprinted over and clasped the next note into his hands and scanned the messily written kanji.

"The longer you take the more I'll get bored with the wait~ Maybe we'll see if her innocent blood makes good paint? It's up to you to see how long you'll let me have my fun. Next place- I've done my research I know your story- where did you first made friends in all the glory"

Nagisa screamed as he tore the letter in half.

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY DAUGHTER!" He screamed to himself as he ran outside and jumped back onto the motorbike, not even thinking about where he was going- he could think of that on the way there.

"First made friends... know your story... glory... glory... Karma. The store." Nagisa's mind raced through many possibilities before solidifying on a single option.

He knew Karma in Kunugigaoka D Class, but Karma never spoke to him, never saw him, Nagisa was just another face in the crowd, nobody of importance. The thought made Nagisa laugh now- one day, years ago, Karma didn't even realize he was there, and now Karma would willingly put his life on the line for the blue-haired man.

Stuck in his thoughts, Nagisa didn't realize he was nearing the store- which had been surrounded by police cars and tape and generally was a scene in and of itself. Nagisa paled, only guessing what had happened.

Please don't let it be hers. Please don't let it be any of theirs!

His hopes were crushed as he saw the wall of the store from his position- blood. So, much, blood. It coated the walls and it looked as though explosives had been placed on the walls to utterly destroy the building which had once been a comic store before going out of business and becoming a thrift shop.

"Red hair, red blood. Red food- red hot fear"

The words were written in the same crimson substance that scattered the walls. It was dark in color, indicating it had been left on the wall for quite some time. Whoever did this was crafty enough to know if they were seen doing this they'd be killed instantly. Nagisa didn't want to wait to kill them- he wanted it to be over and done with- but then again, what's the fun in that? Someone who dared touch his precious family doesn't deserve the mercy of death, not when the pain or torture served a much better punishment. Of course, they won't escape alive, but they won't die peacefully either.

Nagisa would make sure of that.

---------

Karma gave a weak tug on the chains binding his arms, forcing them upwards. As ever, they gave no more than a rattle of the chains. His body was littered with red cuts, an especially large gash being shown just under his shoulder on his arm, where the deranged man had taken his blood into a cup before leaving. He was tied to a chair, his waist and legs being covered in thick chains, such that he could hardly move more than a few centimeters.

They were in a warehouse, one Karma recognized perfectly, but within this warehouse their kidnapper had added a glass box he consistently bragged about being air-tight, such that he could pump in poison gas if he so wished and watched the family die without risk to himself.

Karma gave a small growl, and Iyuka began softly sobbing next to him. Unlike her father, she was simply bound with handcuffs keeping her arms behind her and ones keeping her ankles touching. She was leaning up against the wall. Next to her sat Seizon, who was left bound only by a rope around her neck, tied to a pole on the wall. Seizon rubbed her head against Iyuka to try and make her feel better.

"D-Daddy are we going to be here forever?" She choked out. Karma subconsciously tugged the chains again to try and wrap his daughter in a hug, only to once again curse to himself at the reminder he was stuck.

"No sweetie, Papa is coming for us right now, and he'll get us out of here."

"That's sweet. You have so much trust in him! HAHAHA!"

Karma turned to glare at their kidnapper.

"Of course I do. He won't fail. Not like you."