48: School

Finally, Takahashi had been dealt with. The office was a little frantic trying to replace him, but it wasn't that hard. Karma was just glad everything was over. It was messy and no fun dealing with corruption.

When he got home, however, his husband didn't seem as happy.

"What's wrong, Nagisa?" Karma asked as he set down his bag.

"Nothing much, I just got a note from one of Iyu's teacher's claiming she was breaking the rules. I talked to her about it, and she says the teacher just really disapproves of you and our marriage so was singling her out." He huffed.

"What? That's bullshit. I can't believe someone would stoop that low." Karma growled, thoroughly unhappy with the thought.

Nagisa shrugged. "I'm heading there tomorrow to talk some sense into them. Worst case scenario I'll just bring it to the principal and get him fired."

"I'm going with you. Nobody gets to do that to our kid."

The two shared a quick kiss, before heading off to bed.

The next morning, Nagisa woke everyone up and prepared Iyuka for school before the family got in the car to drive to school.

They arrived early, so Iyuka waited in the classroom while Nagisa spoke to the teacher.

"You must be Kako-sensei." Nagisa greeted, coldly.

"Ah... Akabane-san. Please, call me Kako-san. We need to speak about Akabane-chan's behavior." Kako said.

"Yes, and as I understand we also need to talk about yours." Karma added, bring attention to himself.

"Oh, both of you. How lovely." Kako said, clearly not feeling his words. "Let's talk in my office."

The three walked to the office, and sat down.

"See, Akabane-chan was saying some things on the playground we just cannot accept here. You must understand children have to wait before saying some things." Kako explained.

"With all due respect, what exactly was she saying?" Karma glared.

"Oh- You know. Adult things. Things children shouldn't do, especially with another girl." Kako said, slipping up on his last part.

"You mean she was flirting with a cute girl, and you saw it fit to punish her for something the boys do to the girls every day. Something you coo at and call adorable, but the second it's two girls you suddenly have to be the "responsible adult" and tell Iyuka off." Nagisa summarized, glaring all the while.

"W-Well you know... Children of her age shouldn't be like... that. You clearly influenced her and made her gay!" Kako yelled.

"Ah, I see. Well, it was nice talking with you. Karma, we need to speak with the principal, our Iyuka needs a new homeroom teacher." Nagisa said, flippantly.

"W-Wait, what do you think you're doing?" Kako asked.

"Isn't it obvious? You're going to be fired for this." Karma shrugged, before the two walked out and slammed the door behind them, heading to the principal's office.

"Jizuko-sensei, hello." Nagisa smiled at the woman.

"Ah, Nagisa-san! It's been a while, oh! Karma-san you're here too. What can I do for you?" Jizuko, an older woman with black hair which had just started graying with calm brown eyes asked.

"Kako-san seems to have thought the correct way to teach his class was to punish children unfairly. Iyuka was flirting with another girl in her class, when he decided to send us a note and punish her for that." Karma explained.

"Oh no! That's awful! I'll fix this right away! I cannot believe him! I've already told him political biases can NOT get in the way of his teaching! I should have fired him months ago!" She ranted. "Thank you so much for telling me, dears. I hope our next teacher isn't as awful as him!"

"No problem, Jizuko-san. We're happy you're solving this problem so well." Nagisa smiled.

After finishing the conversation, Nagisa and Karma returned to the classroom to tell Iyuka what happened, saying hi to Manarou while they were there before returning home, happy Iyuka wouldn't have such an awful person as her teacher anymore.