6: Assignment

Nagisa looked at the phone in his hands, a glare on his face, although his eyes glimmered with the slightest bit of excitement.

"Blue Krait,

I am Katawori Yomani, owner of the Katawori business firm. I would like to request the assassination of Soga Jichi, the CEO of the Yamanota business corporation. I would like the job to be done with a knife and framed as a suicide by the 16th of April. I am willing to pay twenty million yen in two payments. One payment of five million yen will be sent when the assassination is accepted and the other fifteen million after the assassination is confirmed to be completed to the terms requested.

Please contact me at  ‎XXX-XXX-XXXX by April 5th.

Much obliged,

Katawori Yomani"

Nagisa sighed. Twenty million was a lot, and framing a suicide was practically the easiest assassination request he could be given. It was easier than shredding someone, that was for sure.

Nagisa sifted the phone into his pocket before walking out to the dining room where Karma and Iyuka were eating lunch.

"Karma, I just got told by my boss that I have a business trip I need to go on." Nagisa spoke in code, prompting Karma to tell Iyuka to wait for a moment as the married couple went into another room.

"An assassination?" Karma asked, slightly taken aback.

Nagisa nodded. "It's been the first in a while since people were worried I was a fake Blue Krait trying to get money through the job but after this job I'm only going to assume I'll be getting more jobs since my number will be sent around after a successful kill as a form of bragging," Nagisa sighed. "Rich idiots. No wonder people want me to kill them."

"Slightly hypocritical aren't you? You married one of those "rich idiots" after all," Karma chuckled, prompting Nagisa to do the same.

"Yes, yes, I guess I am a hypocrite. However, I'm being offered twenty million for the job and I recognize the name of the man I'm to kill. Do you know Soga Jichi?"

Karma nodded. "He went to my college and was a total prick. He stands for all the wrong things and has been accused of sexual assault many times but always manages to get out of it," he growled.

"That's the one. So I'm quite inclined to take the job. Since he's in the same city as us that'll make my job easy. I'll only be gone for two days at most. I'll try to get in and out as fast as possible. Luckily for us Soga-san doesn't have the best security."

Karma chuckled, remembering the time he went to the Soga headquarters and had a knife on him without realizing, only noticing after he was done there and nobody had caught him.

Nagisa jumped on his tippie toes and gave a peck to Karma's cheek.

"I'll leave tonight and get it over with. Will you and Iyuka be alright?"

Karma gave a thumbs up, "We'll be fine,"

Nagisa smiled and nodded. "Alright, can you explain to Iyuka why I have to leave and I'll be in and back by tomorrow?"

Karma agreed and left to tell Iyuka of Nagisa's sudden "business trip" that he had to be gone for two days for, but he'd be home as soon as possible while Nagisa packed up the essentials and called his contractor to confirm he took the job, using his phone without any way for someone to track his location from the call and a voice modifier, of course.

Nagisa walked into the living room and was affronted by Iyuka clamping onto his legs. Nagisa crouched down and hugged his daughter.

"Don't worry, I'll be back by tomorrow, maybe even tonight if we're lucky. I love you Iyuka, I promise I'll be home as soon as I can."

Iyuka nodded into Nagisa's chest before giving him another squeeze and letting go.

Nagisa and Karma shared a quick kiss, the figure outside smirking as Nagisa left the large home and went off to his job.

Time Skip

Nagisa arrived at the hotel fully disguised and under an alias, as you do.

Once in the hotel room Nagisa did a check for cameras or anything, and after finding nothing he unpacked and set up the job. First things first, Nagisa pulled out his laptop and hacked into the Soga website to gain access to Soga-san's personal timetable of where he'd be and when. Luckily for Nagisa, this job seemed to be the gift that kept on giving since Soga-san had a very strict timetable with even bathroom breaks listed so chances were it was always correct and he wouldn't end up with the man not being in the room he was scheduled to be in.

Nagisa took a photo of the timetable before covering his tracks and shutting his laptop.

Nagisa huffed. 'This is almost too easy...'

He shook his head and checked the timetable. It looked that it would be better to wait until tomorrow before taking action. Nagisa looked at the clock. 20:46. Not time to sleep, but not enough time to commit a full assassination and frame the suicide.

Nagisa image searched up some of Soga-san's handwriting, finding a hand-written note including his signature. Studying the note, it seemed that Soga-san was left handed.

Nagisa bristled ever so slightly. He was ambidextrous, but he didn't enjoy getting all the ink on his hand. (STARLING AGREES SO MUCH INK WHY BEING LEFT HANDED IS MEAN)

However, he didn't have much of a choice, so hello ink, the side of his hand would like to meet you.

Handwriting was an interesting thing. There were many different little quips that the police looked for in handwriting to identify someone, and Nagisa knew exactly what they all were and how to forge the handwriting of Soga-san with as close to perfection as was necessary.

The note was long enough to make sense, and Nagisa dusted a few droplets of saltwater onto the page to be faux-tears.

Signing the bottom of the note, Nagisa smiled at his work and hid the note in his bag along with a normal knife it wouldn't be unlikely for Soga-san to own.

Texting with Karma for a while, Nagisa wasted the few hours before it was a good time for him to sleep.

The Next Morning

Nagisa woke to his pre-set alarm and got back onto his computer, hacking into the security system for Yamanota main building. Nagisa plugged in his own code that during the time he would be in the office, the security would loop on an image of the empty hall- and any forms of motion sensors and the likes would not activate within Nagisa's route.

Nagisa got into disguise and put a mask on his face- you can never be too careful after all. He also made  work to cover all exposed skin, so that wouldn't be a clue to his identity either.

Checking over the timetable again, everything looked to be in order.

Nagisa left the hotel and snuck into the vents, making quick work to get into Soga-san's office. Soga-san was typing at his laptop, and a quick glance to the screen showed he was hiring a prostitute from a less-than-humane website. Nagisa suppressed an animalistic hiss before silently jumping down behind Soga-san, making sure to angle it perfectly, before slitting his throat without a word- before the man even noticed he was there. 

Nagisa cleared Soga-san's browser history (because why would a suicidal person be looking for a prostitute?) before placing the note down on the table and setting the computer to sleep mode. The final touch was to place the knife into Soga-san's hand, and with that Nagisa jumped back into the vent, not a trace of his ever being there left.

Now, he could go home.

Now, he could go to his empty home.