32: Grip

"Hello Grip, long time no see."

A slight gasp of surprise came from the other end of the line.

"Shinigami-sama?"

"Correct~ Though you know me as another name. It's been nearly 15 years since Takaoka-sensei hired you because of a grudge, hasn't it? Looks like you gave up on the stupid -nu speech gimmick."

"You... you're that blue haired kid? The shorty who used the nekodamashi?"

"The name is Akabane Nagisa, not "shorty" or "blue haired kid," but yes. And now that you have the backstory, I have a request to make. Takaoka-sensei seemed to be unable to take a hint and came after me again. He's six feet under now but turns out he's a piece of shit even after death. He hired someone to kidnap someone close to me, and we want some help getting her back. The pay, of course, will be high, and you'll likely get a rematch with the redhead who you fought at the hotel."

"That kid? You still in contact with him?"

"Turns out he just so happens to be my husband- you had a job on him once, but I told you to back off."

"What? You're married to Akabane Karma?"

"Well my last name isn't Akabane for nothing. Now are you in for helping or are we gonna have to negotiate your silence instead?"

"Hey, that shit teacher ain't honest, I'll help out- you promised me pay after all. Where are we meeting and when?"

"I like your thinking. I'll send you the information over email. I'll see you at the appointed time. Don't be late- you wouldn't want to make the God of Death angry~"

Nagisa smirked as he clicked off the call. Grip was a good guy, and likely at the end of his career. Still strong, if his current assassination track record had anything to say.

Nagisa finished up by calling a few lower-level assassins he had under his full control, more so than the others, of course. Once Nagisa deemed he had a large enough force, he returned to his home to see Karma sitting in the main room, Yumi nowhere in sight. Nagisa slipped silently into the room and place himself under Karma's arms, cuddling into his chest. Karma flinched for a moment as Nagisa suddenly appeared, but quickly relaxed into the cuddle and brought Nagisa closer.

"How's Yumi?"

"She's asleep."

"Did you get any information?"

Karma nodded. "A little bit. It took some threats but I got people to spill. Only two knew anything though. One of them was contacted by Takaoka who asked them to basically pay for the assassins or assist in other ways. He said no, but Takahashi-san~ he said yes~ I got a general location of where Misui might be. I also need you to go over there and scare him a bit, he didn't sound like he would be silent and I know he tapes his calls so if you can go in and delete that it would be helpful."

Nagisa nodded into Karma's chest. "I'll do that tomorrow. I called a few of my assassins just for support and I got Grip. I promised him a fight with you, by the way."

"Grip? The one from that hotel in E Class? He's still active?"

"Yep. His success rate is still around 90% which is surprising, but he should be help. He knows how Takaoka-sensei plans since he was in the last one too."

Karma made a noise of agreement before adjusting to pull Nagisa into a bridal carry. Nagisa squeaked in surprise, quickly lacing his arms around Karma's neck for support.

"It's late, we should get some sleep. You were out for a long time you know." Karma murmured.

Nagisa gave a small nod as Karma maneuvered them to their room for the night.

-------------------

(A/N) Sorry there was no chapter last week, I was really busy. Hopefully things will go back to normal.

Until Next Time,

Aiko Kiya