14: Home

This chapter is co-written by Owlfeather45 and the whole idea of the chip was hers!

The life of a main character is a dark and dismal thing. Nobody wants to read about someone living a happy life, because a happy life probably doesn't include action or the pain all the sadistic viewers just revel in.

Nagisa could only hope he wasn't the main character, but then again, this was reality, and sometimes reality wasn't like books.

It was a feeling, really. Nothing much.

But Nagisa knew that feeling all too well. Death was coming, in a form of a scythe and a cloak. The only problem was that Death, also known as a man by the name of The Reaper, wasn't coming to kill him, despite the irony of his name.

And as Nagisa's eyes awoke from their slumber from behind his eyelids, he could only see the man he dreaded to see.

This man didn't like to waste any time.

"Silver-sensei!"

"Nagisa-kun, my boy. You've had 10 days off, I think that is plenty. Now come on, let's go." Silver's pale gold gaze was cold, the same cold Nagisa showered over his enemies when holding a knife to various vitals.

Let me repeat what I said earlier.

This man didn't like to waste time.

He really didn't, which often graced him with the bluntness only The Reaper could wield. It didn't mean he was heartless. But then again, that also didn't mean he had much of a heart to make a difference.

Karma, despite being able to sleep through practically anything, woke up with a hard gaze as he sensed the tension that was mounted like building blocks.

Karma quickly looked Silver over, not knowing what to expect from this so called "Reaper". Actually, wait, scratch that, he knew perfectly what was going to happen if he messed up. And he didn't need anybody to spell it out for him.

"He's not going anywhere with you." Karma stood now, his gaze filled with a fiery bloodlust like no other. Silver knew this wasn't going to be as easy as he'd hoped, but when was anything easy these days?

Silver sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He really didn't want to fight- fighting was so boring now that he didn't have anyone he could really fight with who would pose an actual challenge, but apparently this redheaded boy had both taken his protege and was determined to make this as hard as he could. He could feel the small thorn of a headache starting to bloom at the forefront of his brain, similarly placed near the metal trigger implanted within.

"Are we really going to do this?"

If Karma had to be honest with himself, if Silver wasn't the one speaking to him right now he'd probably say yes, though he shoved that thought in the back of his mind as he focused on the situation at hand.

Standing in perfect ready position, Karma's bloodlust simmered in his eyes like an ocean of inky black with nothing but a lamp to guide your way through. His muscles were taut, ready for action if he had to step in. Silver looked passively to Nagisa to see the boy wasn't in an obvious fighting position, but at the same time his guard was still up.

Between Nagisa's slitted azure eyes, Karma's raging mercury and Silver's glimmering gold, the only moving features were of Nagisa's thick eyelashes as he subconsciously blinked while his mentor continued to eye him carefully.

Karma took notice of where Silver's attention was, and took the first move, nearly hitting the professional with a right hook.

The older assassin dodged it with ease, gliding backwards as if he was nothing but a spirit, a Cheshire smile playing on his lips.