2: First Morning

Nagisa, as usual, awoke first, smiling softly to himself as Iyuka sleepily nuzzled herself into his chest. Nagisa softly pet her hair and held his daughter close to him.

Yes, she was the one. She was perfect.

Iyuka was the second to wake, rubbing her eyes groggily.

She looked up to see Nagisa's soft smile and she felt him petting her hair. She liked it. He wasn't warm, but it seemed Karma made enough warmth for everyone under the blanket. Snuggling her face into her new papa, she noticed a slight shimmery thing on his neck.

"W'as tat?" She slurred, poking it lightly. Nagisa chuckled, a twinge of nervousness to his laugh.

"I'll tell you once Karma's awake. Okay?" Nagisa offered. Iyuka nodded and turned and started poking Karma's face. Nagisa laughed.

"He can sleep through just about anything. Don't worry Iyu, he'll wake up soon."

Iyuka nodded before rolling over back into Nagisa's embrace again. She liked the love that she felt when they hugged her. She was still nervous they'd grow tired of her soon enough and give her up, but the gentle touches she was offered and the many embraces she was given helped calm her somewhat.

Nagisa swept up Iyuka in his arms and maneuvered the two of them out of the bed and downstairs.

"Okay Iyu, since Karma is sleeping, I'm going to try making food!" Nagisa proclaimed, putting a hand over his heart dramatically, earning the little giggle he was going for.

"Now now Nagi, we don't want to poison our daughter."

"Karma!" Iyuka jumped a little as Karma's voice appeared suddenly.

"Good morning Iyuka. Come on Nagi, let me do the cooking." Karma stated as he took the assorted cooking materials out of Nagisa's hands.

"I wouldn't poison her Karma." Nagisa jumped up and flicked Karma's forehead. Karma ruffled his blue hair inc response and kissed his husband's cheek.

"I know~ still, I'm the better cook."

With that, Nagisa was ushered out of the kitchen.

"Now tat Karma's up w'as on your nek Nagi?" Iyuka asked.

Karma turned to look wide-eyed at Nagisa. "She saw?"

"It was inevitable. Okay Iyu, you need to promise not to tell anyone about me, okay?" Iyuka nodded. Nagisa took in a deep breath. "When I was little, some bad people put this stuff in me, so now I look like this." Nagisa wiped away the make-up and showed his eyes and fangs. Iyuka shivered a little bit. "Shh, you don't need to be scared, I promise I won't hurt you." Nagisa gently put his hands on Iyuka's. Iyuka calm down at feeling that Nagisa's hands were the same, that he was still the same nice person who let her sleep with them when she didn't want to be in the quiet room.

Iyuka looked into Nagisa's slitted eyes, still trembling ever-so-slightly, but mainly calmed. "I wov yu."

Nagisa smiled, overjoyed that she wasn't as scared anymore. "I wov yu too Iyu. I wov yu alot."

"Arf! Arf!"

The family turned around from their bonding to see Seizon bouncing in.

"Ah, yes, I let her outside a few minutes ago, it looks like she's come in then. Iyu, this is Seizon, our dog- she's a Maltese Shih Tzu."

Iyuka smiled at the little puppy (yes Seizon is a few years old but dammit she'll still be Karmagisa's little puppy when she's 18!) and sat down beside it. Seizon pranced over and sat in front of Iyuka, who had sat down criss-cross on the floor, leaning in and licking the girl's hand. Iyuka giggled a little and pet the puppy under the chin, earning for Seizon's back foot to start hitting the ground over and over again. Iyuka smiled at Seizon and scooped the dog into her lap, where Seizon quickly got comfortable and laid down.

"I found her a year or so before your Dad and I got married. She's our little survivor and has stayed by us this whole time." Karma smiled at the memory of finding Seizon, chuckling to himself as he remembered how Nagisa had reacted to him coming home with a hurt puppy after fighting for her.

Iyuka smiled. "Sei-chan protects Papa and Daddy."

Both Karmagisa parents went wide-eyed and their jaws dropped at the family terms.

"P-Papa? Daddy?" Nagisa stuttered.

Iyuka nodded. She pointed at Nagisa. "Papa!" Then she turned to Karma. "Daddy!"

Both parent's found that tears had started forming in their eyes.

"Yes... We're your Papa and Daddy, and we love you very much."