21: Erasure

"Just let me handle this one."

Irina and Korosensei definitely didn't look convinced, but with the look in Karasuma's eyes they knew he had it covered, and they had to trust him.

"I still don't like this, but Nagisa's waiting, let's go." Irina pulled Karasuma from the office, leaving Korosensei and the unconscious Karma alone.

Karasuma drove the trio home.

The next day, when Nagisa woke up, he went downstairs to get Karasuma.

"Otou-san, can we do it today?" Nagisa asked hesitantly. Karasuma sighed and nodded.

"I'll bring Karma to my office room at the government building. Use this pass to get in and go to my office. When I have him there I'll come get you." Karasuma instructed, giving Nagisa an ID card that had his name and picture on it, along with the fact that he was Karasuma's adopted son.

Nagisa nodded and headed to the building, knocking on the door.

A stern looking man in a suit came to the door.

"Go home kid, this isn't a place you can come in." He ordered.

"My father sent me here, he wanted me to wait in his office for him." Nagisa retorted.

"And who is your so-called father?" The man spat, smirking lightly.

"Karasuma Tadaomi." Nagisa pressed his card up against the glass.

The man looked shocked, his smirk falling as he unlocked the door and examined the card.

"When did Karasuma-sama get a son? He's been teaching at that classroom for months." The man asked in confusion.

"I was his student before he adopted me. Now can you please show me to his office?" Nagisa asked politely. The man sneered.

"How do I know this card isn't a fake?"

"I have Otou-san's phone number, do you want me to call him and confirm it?" Nagisa asked, feigning respect.

"N-No, I'll just show you to his office." The man said in defeat, returning Nagisa's card and leaving him to Karasuma's office.

Once he was there, the man left Nagisa alone in Karasuma's office, shutting the door behind him.

Nagisa, not knowing how else to spend the unknown amount of waiting time, walked over to Karasuma's desk and looked at the pictures on it.

In total, there were four photos.

One which had a black haired man and a lovely brunette woman on it, with a young black haired boy on her back. Nagisa smiled, that must be Otou-san with his parents as a child.

The next had a simple picture of Irina, her hair flowing back in the wind and a serene smile on her face as she looked out to what Nagisa assumed to be the ocean.

The third had an image of the whole class, excluding Korosensei.

The final image brought tears to Nagisa's eyes. He was standing with Irina and Karasuma behind him, holding his adoption papers happily. Nagisa's eyes were shut in the picture, a gleeful smile on his face as past-Nagisa realized that he was finally free.

Nagisa sat down in Karasuma's big, black, rolly chair and held the photo delicately in his hands.

He lost himself in memories until the door opened, breaking him free from his mind.

"I've got him."

Nagisa stood up and placed the frame back on the desk where it had been. He walked to the door.

"Are you sure you want to do this Nagisa? It's not too late to back out." Karasuma offered. Nagisa shook his head, wiping the tears that were brimming in his eyes.

"N-No. I need to do this."

Karasuma sighed at his attempt and took Nagisa down to the lower room, where Karma was strapped to a chair. Karasuma came out first.

"Gonna tell me why you've strapped me to a chair teach?" Karma sneered. Karasuma looked back at Nagisa and motioned for him to come out. Nagisa hesitated, but slowly stepped into Karma's vision.

"Nagisa..." Karma muttered in shock.

There was a silence before Nagisa spoke.

"I asked Otou-san to bring you here... I'm having your mind erased Karma." Nagisa admitted, explaining what they were doing.

"W-Why?" Karma stuttered.

"I already hurt you twice... if you don't know who I am maybe I won't hurt you again. I'm sorry... Akabane-kun."

Karma's eyes widened in shock as he began to struggled against the tight straps holding him, now fully understanding the situation.

Nagisa took a few steps back and put his head down, indicating to Karasuma that it was time to start.

Karasuma walked over and turned on the machine. He uploaded an image of Nagisa to it and set the controls to erase any memory after the first half of first year that included interactions with Nagisa.

The machine whirred to life and shined a light at Karma.

Karma took one last look at Nagisa before it was over.

"I love you, Blueberry."